Aruba Queen Beatrix (AUA) Airport
Aruba Queen Beatrix AUA Airport Overview
With over 2.5million passengers yearly, Queen Beatrix Airport is served by many international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe, and by seasonal charters.
- Instead of using either a passport or boarding pass, passengers proceed through all airport control points with their identities checked by looking at facial recognition cameras.
- U.S.-bound passengers may now take advantage of the new APC kiosks (automated passport control) for speedier customs control - available to U.S. passport & green-card holders, to Canadian passport holders, and to passengers from a visa-waiver country.
- Preclearance automats are also available to travelers between Aruba & The Netherlands
The terminal complex - with separate buildings arranged under one roof - offers free internet, food & drink and retail concessions, duty-free, & lost & found:
The ground level is for both check-in & arrivals. It houses check-in facilities for US bound and non-US bound passengers, and a walkway to the concession area. The arrivals hall/ baggage claim area is located in the center and has a duty-free pickup/dropoff, a baggage dropoff, a secondary security screening & the Baggage Relaim Area and US Homeland Security (leading to the US-bound check-in terminal). This level also has F&B Vending machines and telephone card machines. After passing the security checkpoint, escalators take you up to the first floor.
The first level houses a meditation room, F&B vending machine, gift & magazine shop, A VIP lounge for non-US bound passengers, and an American Airlines VIP lounge at gates 2 & 7, and has access to the gate area with gates 1 - 8. A Meditation room is at gate 2.
- Banking: CMB bank branch & its ATM machine are near the non-US check-in area, and ATMs are in the Main Concession area. A drive-through ATM machine of RBC is is outside of the Non-US chec-in area.
- For passenger pickup/ dropoff, you may use the loading zone in front of the terminal for quick discharge of passenger & luggage.
- The Parking lot is within walking distance of the terminal complex. Fees must be paid in Aruban Florins.
- Rental Car agencies are located in the small buildings across from the arrivals terminal - clearly marked.
Oranjestad, Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
- Website for Aruba Queen Beatrix: http://www.airportaruba.com
- Contact: http://www.airportaruba.com/home_info.php?pageid=MQ==&catid=NTI=
- Phone: (297) 524 2424