New Quito Mariscal Sucre (UIO) Airport
New Quito Mariscal Sucre UIO Airport Overview
- NQIA is located in the Tababela Parish, on the Caraburo Plateau, at an elevation of 2,400 meters, and is about 20 km east of the City of Quito - a 50-min taxi drive to city center via the new 'Collas Road' recently opened for quicker access to the Airport. Getting to the Airport is also suggested from Parroquia Tababela S/N via a Yaruqui.
- NQIA is fully accessible to persons with reduced mobility!
- The city of Quito - declared a World Cultural Heritage due to its rich history & culture and its well-preserved old part of the city going back to its colonial times - is also Latin America's fastest growing city and is the arrivals/transfer point for tourists on their way to the Galapagos Islands. Note that Quito is to have its own Metro line (with ongoing construction); while a new bridge will be built over the Chiche river.
- Equador's rainy season ends by June, giving way to the dry season between July & September - leading to strong winds in the afternoon, for which Airport & flight crew are well prepared.
With a runway of 3,600 meters (Latin America's longest!) and 2 taxiways able to handle 44 operations per hour, New Quito Airport had 5.8 million passengers in 2015. NQIA is hub to AeroGal, LAN Ecuador, TAME, a focus ciy for LAN Peru, and is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The new -on-airport 'Hotel Wyndham Quito Airport' includes restaurant, lobby bar, pool, gym & spa facilities, as well as four small meeting rooms convertible into a 300 sq.meter conference room.
The 'Quito Airport Suites' hotel is just minutes from the main Airport entrance.
- Passeners should arrive at the Airport two hours before domestic, and 3 hours before international departures flights.
- Customer Service counters are at Arrivals Public Hall, level 1 & Departures Public Hall, level 2. They can also be contacted by e-mail using either: servicio.cliente, informacion, or supervisor.sac @quiport.com.
- Galapagos visitors: While non-Equadorian passengers will need a valid passport, those visitors who intend to visit the Galapagos Island need also to apply to the Governing Council of Galapagos Special Authority - tel. +593 (2) 3324225 or visit: gobiernogalapagos.gob.ec
- For medical care contact the Medical Center at (593 2) 395-4200, ext. 2708.
- For lost Baggage - contact the Airport Safety Company (EPMSA) at +593 (2) 3954260, ext. 2101- located at the Administrative Area entrance at Level 1 of the Terminal.
New Mariscal Sucre Airport has one passenger terminal, opened early 2013. After completion of its first two phases 1 & 2A, the terminal covers currently 46,000 sq.meters of space for up to 7.5 million passengers a year. (The intention is to gradually increase capacity with each following phase.) The terminal is divided into a national and an international area. It is equipped with five swing gates capable of directing arriving passengers to either Immigration or to baggage claim. In addition, there are numerous ground slots where passengers walk to the aircraft from the terminal. At present there are large waiting lounges with windows & high ceilings, 8 boarding bridges, 50 airline counters, 24 self-check-in kiosks connected to nine (of 11) airlines, free internet access, power outlets for electronic devices, new stores & restaurants, domestic & international VIP lounges, & a children's play area.
Phase 2B expansion is currently ongoing. NOTE: The renovated Attenza Duty Free Shop is located at post-security and incorporates a walkthrough concept.
The International Hall has two levels each for Departures & Arrivals. Service counters with muli-lingual attendants are located in the pulic Departures Hall (level 2) and in the Public Arrivals Hall (level 1)
The Sky Mall (Mall del Dielo) houses certain stores & services in groups: duty-free, general merchandise, domestic arts & crafts, jewellery, food & drink, and services. Attenza Duty Free stores are both in international arrivals & departures areas. Additional space will be filled by specialized brand buitiques in the walk-through space. The SkyMall represents quality products & services available in Quito City with comparable prices. Aside from stores and restaurants, it offers travel agency, massage, currency exchange by Global, ATM cash machines, telephone & internet by Carsa, baggage wrapping, travel insurance, shoeshine, baggage carts - as well as rental car counters for Avis, Budget, Locate, Hertz & Thrifty.
VIP lounges, accessible to all passengers at a fee, are in both domestic & international areas: (a) Salon Quito is in the domestic area; (b) International VIP lounge is in the international area.
The Customer Service counter is on on level 1 in the Arrivals Hall, and at level 2 in the Departures Hall - both at pre-security - staffed by muli-lingual attendants. You also can call 24/7 294-4900, ext. 2618 or visit email@example.com.
Personalized attention service is available, but needs at least 24-hr advance notice - call +(593-2) 294-4900 ext. 2618 (call 24/7 or Customer Service Mobile Phone: +(593-9) 831-4152.
Important telephone numbers:
Customer Service +593 (2) 395-4200 ext. 2718-2010
Flight Information +593 (2) 395-4200 ext. 2001-2008
Quiport +593 (2) 395-4200 +593 (2) 395-4300
Ecuador Customs: +593 (2) 3954200 ext. 2369, or +593 (2) 3945830, ext. 305 - or visit www.aduana.gob.ec.
Current and future Airport developments: After installation of 6 more boarding bridges, the terminal is to reach its 85 percent completion.