Regina (YQR) Airport
Regina YQR Airport Overview
The Airport is located west of Regina, off Lewvan Drive & Regina Avenue.
With two runways and an estimated yearly passenger count of 1.2M, Regina Airport is served by many commercial airlines offering nonstop flights to major Canadian, and some US cities, and seasonal charter flights to popular vacation destinations.
1. All passengers visiting the U.S. should familiarize themselves with the increased security measures mandated by Transport Canada, by visiting the following sites: Canadian Air Transport Security Authority, and Transport Canada.
2. Note that at present Regina Airport does NOT have U.S. Customs Clearance.
3. NEXUS members now can use their NEXUS card to acces the dedicated entrance in the pre-boarding screening line.
The passenger terminal at Regina International, open 24/7, consists of a main level and a second level.
The Main level houses the Arrivals & Baggage area on the right side of the terminal, which includes the Arivals Hal, domestic & international baggage claims, service & airline counters, Canada Border Services, Primary Inspection line, baggage handling, domestic ground loading, rental car counters, airline check-in counters, CATSA screening area, Groundside SaskTel Business Center, and food & drink establishment. To the left are Airport and tenant offices.
The second level houses:
To the right: holdroom, food & drink establishments, holdroom lounge & access to two airline loading bridges. In the center: pre-boarding line, pre-boarding screening, and holdroom;
To the left: food & drink establishments for both pre- and post security, a retail area and access to the airline loading bridge.
Other amenities & services include Boingo Wireless internet access and SaskTel Business Centers, both available in pre- & post-security areas. The Guest Services Desk is in the Arrivals area (tel. 306-761-7482). The AirCanada Jazz Maple Leaf Lounge is available in the post-security area, as well as a cafe, a public lounge and massage chairs. Pre-security areas include ATM/change machines, a hotel reservation center, Rumours Handcrafts, Relay Store, cafe & restaurant, Lost & Found, Sundial & Tipi Rings. Rental car counters are located in the Arrivals area.
Parking options at Regina Airport: (For more parking information call the parking lot kiosk at 306-761-7558.)
1. Cell phone parking lot: Stay with your car until your party has collected bags and calls you to be picked up at the curb.
2. Short-term parking in front of the passenger terminal; and
3. Long-term parking for over 1,100 cars. with free electricity for block heaters.
Transpor options from Regina International Airport to your destination: Taxis are available outside of the teminal with a taxi coordinator.
'Roaming Buffalo Shuttle Services' (runs between Regina & Moose Jaw, and other select Regina destinations. (Regina tel. 306-550-6877; Moose Jaw tel. 3006-630-4365) . Downtown Regina can be reached in 5 minutes, and other city areas take no more than 15 minutes.