Regina (YQR) Airport
Regina YQR Airport Overview
Regina International Airport YQR serves the Canadian prairie province of Saskatchewan and its capital city Regina.
The Airport is located west of Regina, off Lewvan Drive & Regina Avenue. Recently it has started a long-term airport improvement project, which will accommodate the increase in passengers and transform the terminal and its facilities, as well as the parking areas into an up-to-date and user-friendly Airport.
With two runways and an estimated 1.2 million passengers in 2012, the airport is served by many commercial airlines offering nonstop flights to major Canadian, and some US cities, and seasonal charter flights to popular vacation destinations.
NOTE: 1. All passengers visiting the U.S. should familiarize themselves with the increased security measures mandated by Transport Canada, by visiting the following sites: Canadian Air Transport Security Authority, and Transport Canada.
2. Note that at present Regina Airport does NOT have U.S. Customs Clearance.
3. NEXUS members now can use their NEXUS card to acces the dedicated entrance in the pre-boarding screening line.
The passenger terminal at Regina International, open 24/7, consists of a main level and a second level. Projects competed in 20122 in the terminal include renovation of the check-in hall & hold room infill; replacement & upgrades to hold room seatings; ad adding more food & retain offerings.
The Main level houses the Arrivals & Baggage area on the right side of the terminal, which includes the Arivals Hal, domestic & international baggage claims, service & airline counters, Canada Border Services, Primary Inspection line, baggage handling, domestic ground loading, rental car counters, airline check-in counters, CATSA screening area, Groundside SaskTel Business Center, and food & drink establishment. To the left are Airport offices and tenant offices (for future expansion).
The second level houses to the right tholdroom, food & drink establishments, the holdroom lounge and access to 2 airline loading bridges. In the center is the pre-boarding line, pre-boarding screening, and holdroom; To the left are food & drink establishments for both pre- and post security, a retail area and access to the airline loading bridge.
Amenities & Services in the passenger terminal include Boingo Wireless internet access and SaskTel Business Centers, both available in pre- & post-security areas. The Guest Services Desk is in the Arrivals area (tel. 306-761-7482). The AirCanada Jazz Maple Leaf Lounge is available in the post-security area, as well as a cafe, a public lounge and massage chairs. Pre-security areas include ATM/change machines, a hotel reservation center, Rumours Handcrafts, Relay Store, cafe & restaurant, Lost & Found, Sundial & Tipi Rings. Rental car counters are located in the Arrivals area.
Parking options at Regina Airport include Short-term parking in front of the passenger terminal; and Long-term parking for over 1,100 cars. with free electricity for block heaters. The new cell phone parking lot, opened late 2012 at the site of the former old rental car builings. Stay with your car until your party has collected bags and calls you to be picked up at the curb. For more parking information call the parking lot kiosk at 306-761-7558.
The Quick Turn Around Rental Car Suport Facility opened in July 2012 and hous Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National & Thrifty.
To get from Regina International Airport to your destination, you can rent a car (six rental desks are inside the terminal and rental cars are parked outide the terminal building), take a taxi, or a bus: The taxis are available outside of the teminal building and a taxi coordinator will be at hand, or call Capital Cab at 306-791-2222. Limo services are available from Diamond (306-791-2227) of Phantom (306-924-5466).
'Roaming Buffalo Shuttle Services' (Regina 306-550-6877; Moose Jaw 3006-630-4365) runs between Regina & Moose Jaw, and other select Regina destinations.
Downtown Regina can be reached in 5 minutes, and other city areas take no more than 15 minutes.
Regina YQR Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- YQR Baggage Claim
- YQR Banking / ATM Services
- YQR Business Services
- YQR Guest Services
- YQR Internet Access
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Regina YQR Airport Update History
- Updated YQR Parking On site page - Apr 25, 2013
- Updated YQR Airport Intro page - Mar 20, 2013
- Updated YQR Airports page - Mar 20, 2013
- Updated YQR Direct Flights page - Mar 5, 2013
- Updated YQR Food & Stores page - Feb 27, 2013
- Updated YQR Official Website Links page - Dec 2, 2012