Rhodes Diagoras International Airport RHO serves the Greek island of Rhodes (or 'Rodos') - the largest of the Dodecanese islands. Rhodes Island is known for its ancient history, archaeological sites, Byzantine churches & Venetian fortresses, as well as for its great beaches.
RHO Airport is located on the northwestern tip of Rhodes Island - near the Village of Paradisi - and is 16 km southwest of the City of Rhodes. It can be accessed via a dual carriageway coastal road encircling the island, and is only a 20-minute drive from the city of Rhodes.
With a long runway and 4.2 million passengers in 2017, Rhodes Airport is served by a myriad of domestic, international, regular and low-fare airlines offering flights to Europe and beyond, as well as by many seasonal charters.
The passenger terminal at Rhodes International Airport (opened in 2005 and recently expanded) offers an Information desk (tel.+30 22410 83200), Customs (tel. +30 22410 82901), medical care (tel. +30 22410 88766), food & drink establishments, tax-free shop, newsstand, currency exchange, ATM machine, rental car counters, left luggage & luggage lockers; lost & found office at baggage claim, and a number of travel agents.
Important telephone numbers:
Parking options at Diagoras Airport include short- and long-term parking across from the terminal.
Rhodes Airclub tel: +30 22410-27918, / 66205 / 23500
Customs: + 30 22410-88716, 82901, /fax 82340
Medical Emergencies : 22410-88766
Passport Control: + 30 22410-82880 /88751, 88752, 88753
Pharmacy at gate 3: +30 22410-81700 / email: email@example.com
Police station: Commander. + 30 22410-82881 /88750; Duty Officer. + 30 22410-88850 /82249
Parking: + 30 22410-82323 /fax 6623, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fraport & the Copelouzos unit Slentel are the new operators
of fourteen Greek APs- including Rhodes
- paving the way to modernization; (the Greek Government will retain primary ownership of the airports throughout the 40-year concession term.)
- A large crater formed on the landing strip, shutting down the Airport twice in September 2016. After unsuccessful repair, it is now considered to cut the landing strip by 1,800 meters.
- Airline Route changes as of October 1, 2016 - according to 'rhodesairport.blogspot.com:.
ROUTES FROM/TO RHODES
- Karpathos-Kasos(-Sitia) is switching from October 1 to Sky Express. Please note that Kasos-Sitia-Kasos legs were excluded from the tender thus Sitia is no longer available for bookings.
- Kastelorizo remains on Olympic Air
- Kos-Kalymnos-Leros-Astypalaia remains on Olympic Air till 31 March 2017
- Samos-Chios-Lesvos-Lemnos switches to Olympic Air from October 1.
ROUTES FROM/TO ATHENS
- Astypalaia switches to Sky Express from October 1
- Kalymnos switches to Astra Airlines from October 1
- Karpathos no longer a PSO route, both Olympic and Sky Express will be flying from October 1. Please note that price restrictions will no longer apply.
- Leros remains on Olympic Air