Riga International (RIX) Airport
Riga International RIX Airport Overview
Riga International Airport RIX is by far the largest airport of the three Baltic states Estonia, Latvia, & Lithuania. Riga International, one of the fastest-growing Airports in the world, has won the prestigious ‘Routes and OAG’ Airport Marketing Award as best Airport in Scandinavia and the Baltics, and the 'best emerging Airport markets' award. Also, its major airline airBaltic received the Gold Airline of the Year Award.
The Airport is located 10 km west of the capital city of Riga, Latvia, and accessible via Europe Route E22 and Highway P133. .
With one long runway and an estimated 4.8 million passengers in 2012, Riga International Airport is hub to airBaltic and is served by a number of international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe, while seasonal flights are available to popular tourist venues. Passengers are now able to choose destinations from New York to Sushanbe (Tajikisan), from the tip of Skandianavia to the Middle East – and the list of destinations is growing. For inquiries within Latvia call 1187.
NOTICES: 1. During the summer season and on holidays check-in requires a three-hour arrvival prior thereto.
2. Passengers who transfer to another flight should go to the Transfer Center located between the Departure Sectors A & B at the transit corridor, open 6am-midnight.
3. Ryanair passengers pay a security charge of 7 EUR, while all other airline passengers have this charge included in their airfare.
4. The new security e-gates afford passengers to use a mobile telephone message as a boarding pass (instead of the printed one).
The on-Airport Hotel SKY-HIGH, is located opposite the long-term parking lot P2.
At present Riga International Airport has a three-level passenger terminal divided into Sectors A through E. ((For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Riga International: Presently, the airport has 3 car parks:
1. P1 short-term car park (opposite the terminal building);
2. P2 long-term car park (400 meters from the terminal & close to the highway;
3. P3 long-term car park (opposite Aviation Museum--turn right before the terminal – the lot also includes rental cars).
To get from Riga Airport to your destination, you have the option of renting a car, taking a taxi, a shuttle bus or a bus:
1. Taxis take about 15 minutes into the city center and charge about 8 LVL—ask beforehand as prices vary. airBaltic’s trusted taxi is Baltic Taxi.
(1) Route 22 runs every 10-15 mins between the Airport and Riga city center.
(2) The yellow ‘Jurmala Shuttle Buses’ run between the Airport and Konkordijas Street in Jurmala, taking up to 55 mins. The bus stop is near the main building, at arrival terminal E.
Maurupe District, LV 1053
- Website for Riga International: http://www.riga-airport.com/
- Contact: http://www.riga-airport.com/en/main/about-company/contact
- Phone: +371 293 11187
- View Terminal Map
Riga International RIX Airport Update History
- RIX Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- RIX Food & Stores - Jul 8, 2013
- RIX Airlines Served - Jun 22, 2013
- RIX Official Website Links - Jun 22, 2013