The Airport is located 10 km west of the capital city of Riga, Latvia, and accessible via Europe Route E22 and Highway P133. .
With one long runway and 5.4 million passengers in 2016, Riga International Airport is hub to airBaltic and is served by a number of international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe, while seasonal flights are available to popular tourist venues. Passengers are now able to choose destinations from New York to Sushanbe (Tajikisan), from the tip of Skandianavia to the Middle East – and the list of destinations is growing. For inquiries within Latvia call 1187.
- During the summer season and on holidays check-in requires a three-hour arrival at the airport prior to scheduled departure.
- Passengers who transfer to another flight should go to the Transfer Center located between the Departure Sectors A & B at the transit corridor, open 6am-midnight.
- The new security e-gates afford passengers to use a mobile telephone message as a boarding pass (instead of the printed one).
- Free baby strollers are now available.
- Passengers can now enjoy the new state-of-the-art ventilation system in the check-in hall.
The on-Airport Hotel SKY-HIGH, is located opposite the long-term parking lot P2.
Riga International Airport has one passenger terminal.
Present & future Airport developments: The new stage of terminal improvements is to expand the check-in hall, baggage claim and sorting areas, and the security controls area. Also, a multi-level carpark and connection to the new 'Rail Baltica' RIX station are scheduled to be completed by 2022.
Maurupe District, LV 1053
Phone: +371 293 11817 / local: 1817