However, the Airport - one of three in Brazil - is bound by certain slot restrictions to a maximum of 19 flight operations per hour. It is closed between the hours of 11pm and 6am, and flights may still depart or arrive until 10:30pm. .
Santos Dumont Airport is located at Guanabara Bay, near Botafogo, between the famed Sugar Loaf mountain and the long Rio-Niteroi Bridge, and is only one mile from city center of Rio de Janeiro, which it serves. Passengers needing to transfer to Galeao Airport need to take Express Bus 2145 .
With two runways and 9.6 million passengers in 2015, Santos Dumont Airport is served by a number of major and minor domestic airlines offering direct & connecting flights throughout Brazil.
The passenger terminal complex has Terminals 1 & 2 under one roof - each forms a half circle and both are connected by a bridge at ground level .
Terminal 1 currently houses no airlines or gates.
- the ground level of T1 is the Arrivals level with baggage claim, Customs, and currency exchange & ATM, a post office, police station, IRS, Immigrant Assistant desk, BRT, Seven Fly Executive Aviation, and special taxi counters. Next toRio Tour (entry door D) is a duty-free area and 'Area Alfandega bordring on its north side. .
- the first level of T1 houses Hudson news.
- the second level of T1 offers various banking facilities, a drug store, the Rio Aeroporto Hotel, a chapel, lottery, pasport insurance, FederalPolice /Immigration Office
Terminal 2 is home for Aerolineas Argentinas, Air France, Alitalia, American, Avianca, Blue, British Airways, Copa, Delta, Edelweis, Emirates, GOL, Iberia, KLM, LATAM, Lufthansa, Royal Air Maroc, TAAG, TACA Peru, TAP & United airlines.
- the ground level of T2 is partitioned between Arrivals at east and Departures at west. The Arrivals area houses 7 baggage conveyors, while the departure area houses 3 sets of check-in facilities. the front of the ground level houses banking facilities and other amenites, with access to outside transportation.
- the first level of T2 offers on a mezzanine level access to the garage at east and west side, both with food & drink offers. Food & drink, as well as retail outlets are located at both east and west sides, with passport control being at the west side, and Federal Police in the center - leading to the boarding ara and its boarding bridges. This level also houses the following amenities starting with the eastern-most VIP lounge, the Plaza Premium lounge near the currency exchange, Air Farma in the Center, and to the west Telecommunications Excata, Safra Currency exchange, and (near the connector to T1) Global Exchange.
- the second level's of T2 offers at its east end access to T1. At its center it offers check-in areas F, E & D; with check-in areas G, H & I to the west and check-in areas A, B & C to the east. east.
- Check-in areas A, B & C offers an information counter, a few food & drink and shop venues, while the Departure lobby leads to security check and to domestic departure gates B31-B25.
- Check-in areas D, E & F the Center offer Global exchange, security checks ad good & drink outlets, wit access to the bording area and gates 38 - 33.
- Check-in areas G, H & I to the west are for international depatures and house Global exchange, and security checks leading to the boarding area and gates 39-43.
- the third level of T2 connects the to Terminal 1 and its pier/ concourse with gates.
NOTE: Note that Santos Dumont Airport is one of the Brazilian airports with 'facial recognition technology of NEC's NeoFace Watch solution.
Parking is available across from the terminal with over one thousand parking spaces.
Centro Rio de Janeiro-RJ, 21941-900
Phone: +55 (0)21 3004-6050