Rochester International RST Airport Overview
Rochester International Airport RST serves the Minnesota County of Olmsted and the city of Rochester; is the State's second-busiest Airport with customs & immigration facilities. RST Airport is owned by the City of Rochester and is operated by the Rochester Airport Company (a subsidiary of Mayo Clinic).
RST Airport is located near Interstate Hwy 90 (exit 209B from east, 209A from west); head north 3 miles to county road 16 (Airport Exit) & 1 mile west to Airport entrance. Coming from Preston, head north on Hwy 63 to County road 16, & continue as above; comig from Minneapolis, head south to Hwy 52, take Hwy 63 exit, drive south 6 miles to County Road 16, & continue as above.
With two runways and an estimated 0.4 million passengers in 2012, Rochester International Airport is presently served by American and its affiliates, Delta and its affiliates, & Allengiant airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The passsenger terminal at Rochester International Airport is modern and spacious. Its ground level has rental car desks close to the entry/exit, with a large public access area in the center, which has an ATM machine. On opposite sides are the American and Delta baggage claims & check-in counters. The back of the Public Access Area offers a Bar & Grill, vending machine & gift shop on either side of the security checkpoint leading to the Secure Gate Waiting Area, which has gates 3 & 4, while elevator/escalators lead to the upper level with gates 1 & 2 for Delta and 5 & 6 for American airlines.
Terminal hours: 4am - 11pm, or last flight arrival.
The Airport offers free internet access (log on to RST FREE) and the Secure Gate Waiting Area has Charging Stations on either end. The 31 Bar & Grill Express (tel.507-535-0331) is open daily 6am-6pm.
The Mayo Linic Help Desk is located between the two entry/exit doors, between Hertz & Budget counters.
Picking up/ dropping off passengers can be done under the terminal's overhead canopy, as long as driver does not leave car unattended.
Parking options at RST Airport: Short-term parking is right across from the passenger terminal (with rental car pickup & return lot to the right); behind them is the large long-term lot, reached from east or west of the circle road, with an Exit & Payment booth in the south center. For parking information call 507-282-7035
To get from the Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, limo or shuttle.
1. Med-City Taxi 507-282-8294 or medcitytaxi.com/contact.html
2. Yellow Cab Tax 5507-3535-7462.
3. Gold Crown Limo 507-285-9528;
4. Downtown shuttles (a) Med-City Transportation 507-281-0969; (b) Rochester Transportation RS 507-535-7462
5. Wheelchair Transportation 507-289-5080
Current and future Airport developments: 1. The 2013 addition of an Instrument Landing system for runway 2/20 will enable both runways to hande landings in any weather condition.
2. Mn/DOT & ROCOG are planning for a new runway 13R//31L parallel to runway 13/31, while the new Midfield Terminal is to be built east of runway 2/20.
Rochester International RST Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Rochester International RST Airport Update History
- Updated RST Airport Intro page - Feb 9, 2013
- Updated RST Airports page - Feb 9, 2013