Rotterdam The Hague (RTM) Airport
Rotterdam The Hague RTM Airport Overview
Rotterdam The Hague Airport RTM (renamed in early 2010 from Rotterdam Airport) is The Netherlands’ third-largest airport in terms of passengers. It should be noted that Rotterdam Airport aims to be the best regional airport in the Netherlands (and at European level the best of its kind).
Due to its wide offer of scheduled and charter destinations, fast check-in and check-out procedures, and close parking facilities, Rotterdam Airport stands out in terms of services offered, including five-star VIP Service in a luxury setting with tailor-made service for private business transportation and Government flights.
The Airport is located 5.6 km or northwest of the City of Rotterdam, and is accessible via the A13 (exit N209 Doenkade Road).
With one runway and an estimated 1.3 million passengers in 2012, Rotterdam The Hague Airport is served by and a number of airlines offering flights to a few European citiess, and (mostly) seasonal flights to popular vacation destinations.
Rotterdam The Hague Airport has one passenger terminal which offers the following services and amenities:
Information & Service desk (transit hall) (tel: +31 (0)10 - 446 34 44).
Food & Drink is available at either De Basseri (departure hall, post-security), or the café/restaurant Horizon (first floor, pre-security). The Rotterdam Airport Shop (departure hall) offers an extensive selection of products (tel: +31(0)10 41 50 793), and a sophisticated Bar with outdoor terrace.
A baby room (departure hall) has a microwave oven for warming bottles and/or baby food.
Baggage lockers are located in the transit hall near the lift to the Grand Cafe/Restaurant Horizon.
Cash machines are available at the transit hall, the central hall of the terminal building, pre-security.
GWK Travelex offers not only currency exchange, but also many other services. You can pre-order and pick up your money on the day of your departure by calling +31 (0)10 4150623, or faxing +31 (0)10 2623306.
T-Mobile Hotspot internet access is available throughout the terminal - at pre-security there is a charge (credit card), while post-security is free. Absent your own computer, you will find some PCs in the transit hall.
Conference/Meeting Rooms can be rented independently for a specific period of time. Catering and parking available. For airport conference rooms call +31 (0)10 446 3444 or fax +31 (0)10 446 3499.
Parking options at Rotterdam The Hague Airport: All parking is within walking distance to the terminal.
Parking spaces cannot be reserved, but there is no shortage of them at the Airport. Rotterdam Airport offers three parking options:
P1 & P3 is for long-term parking, and P2 for short-term parking. Maximum vehicle height is 2.90 meters.
Designated disabled parking is available in all three parking facilities (put your disabled card on the windshield).
To get from Rotterdam The Hague Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus.
(a) Rental Car Agencies Avis, Europcar, Hertz & Sixt have desks in the arrivals section of the transit hall.
b) The taxi stand is directly next to the terminal. For a taxi ride from/to the Airport, contact the Rotterdam Airport Taxi at +31 (0)10 - 262 04 06. All current credit cards are accepted. The fare to city center is 24 EUR.
(c) Buses: Note that bus stops can be temporarily relocated due to ongoing construction. The following public buses stop at RotterdamAirport: RET bus lines 33, 41, 50 (daytime), and line B12 (early mornings and night-time): For more information call 0800 6061. Bus fares can be paid by ‘strippenkaart' (a strip of tickets) or by ‘uurnetkaart' (an individual ticket valid for an hour), available at the AKO Shop in the transit hall of the passenger terminal, each costs about 2.70 EUR. An individual ticket can also be purchased from the bus driver.
The RET bus routes are:
1. Airport Shuttle 33 (Rotterdam Central Station - Overschie – Airport) runs every 15 mins, takes 20 mins.
2. Airport Shuttle 50 (Wilhelminakade - Station Rotterdam Blaak - Central Station ‘CS’ (for Westin Hotel) – Airport) scheduled to coincide with flight arrivals/departures. Fastest traffic route used and no stops between CS & Airport. Well suited for business travelers on their way to hotels in Rotterdam. For early morning/late night, use RET line B12.
3. RET Bus 41 (Schiedam Central Station - Rotterdam Airport - station Rotterdam Noord) runs every half hour, Mon-Fri 6am-8:52pm. Sat/Sun runs on separate timetable between station Rotterdam Noord and Airport via the business park Spaanse Polder.Travelers from Delft/Rijswijk and Vlaardingen/Maassluis and the Westland have a fast connection to the Airport, with one change at Schiedam Central Station. The Hague, Leidschendam, Voorburg and Nootdorp-Pijnacker can be accessd via connection with the Randstad Rail (station Melanchthoonweg). For early morning/late night arrivals at the Airport use RET bus B12.
4. Nightnet RET bus B12 will get you to the Airport on time for the first morning flight at 7am, and the B12 night bus departs from bus stop DD at Rotterdam CS. The trip takes just 15 minutes.
Rotterdam Airortplein 60
- Website for Rotterdam The Hague: http://www.rotterdamthehagueairport.nl/index.php?lg=en
- Email Address: http://www.rotterdamthehagueairport.nl/index.php?pageID=198
- Phone: 31 10 446 3444
Rotterdam The Hague RTM Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Rotterdam The Hague RTM Airport Update History
- Updated RTM Airports page - Mar 27, 2013
- Updated RTM Direct Flights page - Mar 27, 2013
- Updated RTM Airport Intro page - Mar 21, 2013
- Updated RTM Food & Stores page - Dec 24, 2012