Rovaniemi Lapland (RVN) Airport
Rovaniemi Lapland RVN Airport Overview
Rovaniemi – Lapland Airport RVN serves the arctic circle of Lapland, Finland. The main season of charter traffic from Great Britain and many other European countries lasts from the end of November until the middle of January annually. Rovaniemi Airport has its busiest season during the winter months and is the official airport for Santa Claus.
The Airport is located 10 km north of the city of Rovaniemi.
With a long runway and an estimated 400,000 passengers in 2012, Rovaniemi Airport is served by Finnair, Blue1 and Air Baltic with daily flights to Helsinki and other domestic and international destinations and connections around the world. Seasonal charters fly to popular vacation destinations.
The passenger terminal at Roviemi Airport offers a Service Desk, Cafe Avia at pre- and post-security; duty-free shop, two souvenir shops, a convenience kiosk, a mail box, lost property, Customs, passport & security control. Rental car counters are in the Arrivals area. The departure gates are equipped with jet bridges.
Parking options at Rovanemi Airport include three parking lots, two of which are in front of the passenger terminal; the one to the right of the terminal provides spaces for disabled parking. For assistance with long-term parking and / or engine heating points contact the service desk in the passenger terminal (tel. (016) 363 6506)).
To get from Rovaniemi Airport to your destination, you can rent a car from one of the seven rental car agencies, take a taxi or a bus:
1. Taxis: Airport Taxis stand ready on arrival and take passengers to Rovaniemi and its surrounding areas. Taxi fare is 9 EUR/person. If you need to go elsewhere in Lapland, call (016) 362 222. The Rovaniemen Aluetaksi Oy, offers a shared taxi to the town centre and beyond (tel: 016) 106 410.
2. Buses: The Airport Express bus from the airport to town, takes 15 mins, and costs 5 EUR. Its route starts at Hotel Scandic - City-Hotel - Hotel Cumulus - Hotel Vaakuna - Hotel Santa Claus - Hotel Pohjanhovi –and ends at the Airport.
The bus from the airport leaves right after arrival of Finnair and Blue1 flights. For Airport Express transport call (016) 362 222.
There are also scheduled bus routes to Nuorgam, Karigasniemi, Inari, Ivalo, Saariselka, Sodankyla, Luosto, Pyhatunturi, Kemijarvi, Salla, Savukoski, Pelkosenniemi, western mountain resorts, from the bus station: Levi, Yllas, Olos, Pallas, Kilpisjarvi. Contact: either Gold-line, Eskelisen Lapin linjat, (016) 342 2160; Liikenne ONiemela,Pikakuljetus Rovaniemi Oy (016) 312 020, Pohjolan liikenne, Pohjolan turistiauto, or Mollarilinjat (016) 821 164.
Rovaniemi Lapland RVN Airport Update History
- RVN Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- RVN Food & Stores - Jul 8, 2013
- RVN Airlines Served - Jun 22, 2013