Salt Lake City International Airport SLC
is Utah's primary - and one of the nation's largest airports. (It is also an Emergency Medical Dispatch / IAED-accredited airport.) Delta's third-largest hub has its reservation center headquartered here. PC World Magazine considers SLC Airport as one of the best airports for Tech Travelers. Not only is the Airport within an hour's range from 11 major ski resorts, but it is also gateway to 42 state parks, and numerous golf courses, the closest of which is the Wingpointe Golf Course adjacent to the Airport.
With over 23 million passenges in 2016, SLC Airport is is only a 10-minute ride northwest to downtown Salt Lake City via Interstate Hwy 80 and is close to I-215 (Belt Route). The Salt Lake Palace Convention Center and downtown hotels can be reached within 15 minutes.With over 20M passengers annually and three major runways, Salt Lake City Airport is hub to Delta Air Lines and is served by major airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. However, Delta presently represents nearly three quarters of all airlines.
- A substantial new detour on Terminal Drive now turns south, with an added one-third mile loop around before rejoining current Terminal Drive will be in place through 2020.
- Passenger Pickup /Dropoff: Delta passengers exit from Terminal 2. International Arrivals exit from International Terminal. All other passengers exit from Terminal 1. Pickup & dropoff lanes in front of the terminals are separated. For passenger pickup, use the 'Park & Wait Lot' (free cell phone lot) - as you enter the Airport, it is to your right, south of Terminal 1. Wait in the car until your party collected bags & calls you to be picked up at the curb.
- While Delta is now adding flights to Miami - it intends to add more Latin America flights and offer larger carriers after 2020.
Current Airlnes, their telephone numbers, terminals & curbside check-ins:
Air Canada, tel. 888-247-2262 - at T1 - curbside check-in 8:30pm-10pm
Alaska, tel. 800-252-7522 - at T1 - curbside check-in 8am-5pm
American, tel. 800-433-7300 - at T1
Delta, tel. 800-221-1212 - at T2 - curbside check-in 5am-11pm; & at parking garage 5:15am-4:15pm
Frontier, tel. 800-432-1359 - at T1
JetBlue, tel. 800-538-2583 - at T1
KLM Royal Dutch, tel. 800-618-0104 - at T2
Southwest, tel. 800-435-9792 - at T1 - curbside check-in 4:30am-8:30pm
United, tel. 800-241-6522 - at T1 - curbside check-in 4am-6:30pm
Salt Lake City Airport currently has three passenger terminals - T1, T2 & the International Terminal IT - connected on level 2 to each other and to their concourses.
Current & Future Airport Developments: The new Airport Development Project (started July 2014) is to replace basically all airport facilities - the first phase of which is scheduled for completion in 2020:
- A consolidated passenger terminal with North & South Concourses will replace current facilities by 2020, while the entire project is to be completed 2023. - The South Concourse project started May 2016. The North Concourse with 30 gates is to replace the current gates of Concourses B, C & D - to be built in two phases, the first one to start on the building's west portion, to be completed by 2020 - together with the completion of the South Concouse-West and the new Terminal. At a later point, the North Concourse is to add 15 more gates to the east, reaching a total of 45 gates. A passenger tunnel will connect both concourses and their new terminal.
- New Roadway System & Light Rail Station: (a) A new roadway system will separate Arrivals & Departures. (b) UTA Airport light rail station will be relocated and connect with the new terminal.
- New Parking Garage, Rental Car Facility: By 2017, construction starts on a new 5-level parking garage with 2-level rental car facility.
(a) the 5-level Garage will have rental car facilities on level 1, short-term parking on level 2 & long-term parking on levels 3 - 5.
(b) A 2-level rental car customer service building will be at north side of the Garage - housing on the upper level entrances to two pedestrian bridges to terminal, self-serve airline check-in kiosks & the related light rail station. A quick rental car turn-around facility will be built south of the new Garage.