Salt Lake City SLC Airport Overview
Salt Lake City International Airport SLC is Utah's primary - and one of the nation's largest airports. (It is also an Emergency Medical Dispatch (IAED) accredited airport.) Delta's third-largest hub has its reservation center headquartered here. PC World Magazine considers SLC Airport as one of the best airports for Tech Travelers. Not only is the Airport within an hour's range from 11 major ski resorts, but it is also gateway to 42 state parks, and numerous golf courses, the closest of which is the Wingpointe Golf Course adjacent to the Airport.
SLC Airport is is only a 10-minute ride northwest to downtown Salt Lake City via Interstate Hwy 80 and is close to I-215 (Belt Route). The Salt Lake Palace Convention Center and downtown hotels can be reached within 15 minutes.
The passenger terminal complex at Salt Lake City Airport includes three terminals - T1, T2 & the International Terminal - connected on level 2 to each other and to their concourses.
Passenger Pickup /Dropoff: Delta passengers exit from Terminal 2. International Arrivals exit from International Terminal. All other passengers exit from Terminal 1. Pickup & dropoff lanes in front of the terminals are separated. For passenger pickup, use the 'Park & Wait Lot' (free cell phone lot) - as you enter the Airport, it is to your right, south of Terminal 1. Wait in the car until your party collected bags & calls you to be picked up at the curb.
Step 1starts construction of QTA and begins phased renovation of Concourse A.
Step 2 involves demolition of South leg of Concourse E (excluding baggage room), and of existing RAC service site; it is also start of Cup & Utilily tunnel construction; of temporary roads, and demolition of apron area and south concourse.
Step 3 involves rerouting of existing terminal roadways for new roadways and terminal building; start of construction of new terminal and South Concourse West; Apron demolition and new Apron construction.
For more information contact Salt Lake City Department of Airports at 800-575-2768.
Note that current Terminal 1 and its Concourses A & B are 50 years old; Terminal 2 and its Concourse C are 33 yrs old and Concourse D of the International Terminal is 27 years old!
Salt Lake City SLC Airport Update History
- SLC Airport Intro - Oct 10, 2013
- SLC Airports - Oct 10, 2013
- SLC Main Terminals - Oct 10, 2013
- SLC Buses & Trains - Oct 2, 2013
- SLC Rental Cars - Sep 27, 2013
- SLC Mail Center - Aug 28, 2013
- SLC Official Website Links - Aug 28, 2013
- SLC Persons With Disabilities - Aug 28, 2013
- SLC Smoking - Aug 28, 2013
- SLC Lost Found - Aug 28, 2013
- SLC Internet - Aug 28, 2013
- SLC Int Arrivals - Aug 28, 2013
- SLC Baggage Claim - Aug 28, 2013
- SLC Banking ATM - Aug 28, 2013
- SLC Business Services - Aug 28, 2013
- SLC Carts Skycap - Aug 28, 2013
- SLC Emergency - Aug 28, 2013
- SLC Guest Services - Aug 28, 2013
- SLC Telephones - Aug 28, 2013
- SLC Taxis & Limos - Aug 13, 2013
- SLC Parking On site - Jun 29, 2013