Salvador Magalhaes (SSA) Airport
Salvador Magalhaes SSA Airport Overview
Salvador Magalhaes International Airport SSA serves Brazil's northeastern State of Bahia and its captital city Salvador. It is Brazil's seventh-busiest airport in terms of passenger count - which has been growing at an average of 14 percent per year. As with most Brazilian airports, Infraero is the operator of SSA.
The Airport is located 28 km northeast from the city of Salvador and is situated close to the Atlantic shoreline. It is accessible via motorway BA-099 (Av. Dorval Caymmi / Estr. do Coco) and its access road is surrounded by some six million square meters of sand dunes and native vegetation - one of Salvador da Bahia's scenic attractions.
With two runways and an estimated 8.8 million passengers in 2012, Salvador International Airport is served by domestic and international airlines - including American Airlines - offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Salvador International Airport has a modern passenger terminal with a large shopping mall and jetways. Its facilities include: Information counter Infraero, State travel agency Bahiatursa, other travel agencies, internet access, hotel desks, banking facilities( ATM machines and currency exchange), rental car desks, desks for taxi cooperatives, post office, baggage wrapping, cloakroom / left luggage, pharmacy, beauty salon, and CIP lounge. The terminal offers a few shops, shops, cafes, fast-food restaurants and a bar.
Note that no departure taxes are levied.
Current Airlines serving Magalhaes Airport: Abaete Linhas, American, Azul, GOL, Acean Air, Passadero, TAM, TAP, Trip, Varig & WebJet.
Parking is available in the parking garage near the terminal, with over 1,350 spaces.
To get from the Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus.
1. Taxis: Abaete Aerotaxi (tel: (71) 377 2555), Aero Star (tel: (71) 377 1763), Adei Taxi Aereo (tel: (71) 377 1993), Bahia Taxi Aereo (tel: (71) 377 2897) and Lider Taxi Aereo (tel: (71) 377 1416).
2. Buses: (a) Onibus Praca da Se / Aeroportoservice is serving the Airport to/from city center; however it can take up to 90 minutes, depending on the trafic.
(b) The City's main bus station - the Rodoviaria Bus Terminal - is 5 km from city center - buses from the Airport can take you there (inquire at the information desk).
Praca Gago Coutinho
Salvador, BA, 41.520-970
- Website for Salvador Magalhaes: http://www.infraero.com.br/index.php/br/aeroportos/bahia/aeroporto-internacional-de-salvador.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: +55 71 3204 1010
Salvador Magalhaes SSA Airport Update History
- SSA Airports - Oct 26, 2013
- SSA Email - Aug 6, 2013
- SSA Airport Intro - Jun 12, 2013
- SSA Airlines Served - Jun 10, 2013