OverviewPublic Transportation at San Francisco International Airport include the efficient Metro rail services via BART & Caltrain, and SamTrans bus.
Note: Ride-shares by 'Sidecar' (visit: side.cr); and by 'Lyft' & 'Uber' are now operating at SFO.
BART Rapid Rail (tel. 510-465-2278 or visit: www.bart.gov) serves directly northern San Mateo County, San Francisco, and the East Bay. The SFO BART Station is at the International Terminal's Departures/Ticketing level - at Boarding Area G side. (If arriving at either Terminals 1, 2 or 3 - take the free inter-terminal AirTrain to Garage G/ Bart Station stop.)
Caltrain Commuter Rail: BART connects the Airport to the Caltrain rail system at Milbrae Station - with Caltrain connections there to either San Francisco or San Jose. Caltrain also offers weekday commuter-hour service to Gilroy. Express trains during commuter hours on weekdays serve only select stations.
SamTrans Public Buses - Routes KX, 292 & 397 & 398 stop directly at the terminals and run 24/7, serving San Mateo County and parts of San Francisco. SamTrans buses stop at:
- International Terminal 1: at level 1, Courtyard A, and at curbside next to Courtyard G;
- Terminal 2: at Arrivals /Baggage Claim level, at center island next to Courtyard 2;
- Terminal 3: at Arrivals /Bagage Claim level, at curbside - adjacent to Courtyard 4.
- SamTrans Routes 140, 292 & 397 stop at Rental Car Center;
- SamTrans Routes 292 & 397 stop on North McDonnel Rd., at Airport Business Center & WestField Rd.
For SamTrans information, call 1-800-660-4287, or visit www.samtrans.com