Los Cabos International Airport SJD
is serves the state of 'Baja California Sur' (on the the Baja Peninsula of Mexico) and its Cities of San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. Sun-seekers from Canada and the United States account for the bulk of the passenge traffic. UNESCO declared 244 islands and protected areas off the Sea of Cortez a World Heritage Site. Los Cabos International is operated by GAP (Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico), a company which is one of Mexico's '10 Best Companies to Work For'.
Los Cabos is located on a 33-km highway (Corredor Turistico) which stretches from San Jose del Cabo to Cabo San Lucas. Along this highway are world-class hotels and top restaurants. Los Cabos has a championship golf course, offers sport fishing and beautiful beaches. In winter you can watch the mating and birthing of the gray whale, while in summer you can head to Magdalena Bay for scuba diving, kayaking, fishing, etc.
The Airport is 11 km from San Jose del Cabo, at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula ('Baja California'), where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez. It is also situated 220 km south of La Paz.
With one long runway and over 3 million passengers per annum, Los Cabos International is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe.
A Best Western hotel is located next to the Airport.
- Most airport employees are conversant in English.
- It is recommended to arrive for domestic flights two hours, and for international flights three hours prior to scheduled departure.
- To contact the Airport from Mexico, dial 01 624 146 5111 /12 /13; from other countries dial 011 52 624 146 5111 /or 5112 or 5113.
- Los Cabos Airport offers U.S. - Mexico pre-clearance.
- Electronic quick check-in booths for cardholders of Global Entry (US passport holders), Nexus (Canadian travelers) and Viajero Confiables (for Mexican citizens) are to be installed during the winter - to become operational in 2017, expediting their process of passport control and entry into Mexico.
Los Cabos Airport has two passenger terminals - T1 & T2
(former T3 merged into T2), however, note that they are a quarter mile apart, only reachable by foot or taxi. T1 is the closest to the highway's airport entrance/exit. WiFi is available to Prodity account users at all boarding gates of T1.
Domestic Terminal 1
offers basic services.
International Terminal 2
: As part of the 5-year development plan, some remainig construction work ismay still beongoing.
Upon completion, the new terminal will have 34,000 square meters of space, telescopic hallways, improved check-in counters, 10 departure gates, and state-of-the-art services.
Amenities & Services:
Both terminals have ATM cash machines shops, fast food & bars.
- in T1 at Mezzanine (tel. +52 (624) 1465 207, ext. 50662);
- in T2, at international departure gate 8 (tel. +52 (624) 1465 208, ext. 0663).
For more information visit: firstname.lastname@example.org.