Los Cabos International (SJD) Airport
SJD AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
Los Cabos International SJD Airport Overview
Los Cabos International Airport SJD is serving the Baja Peninsula of Mexico and its Cities of San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. Sun-seekers from Canada and the United States account for the bulk of the passenge traffic. UNESCO declared 244 islands and protected areas of the Sea of Cortez a World Heritage Site. Los Cabos International is operated by GAP (Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico), a company which is one of Mexico's '10 Best Companies to Work For'.
Los Cabos is located on a 33-km highway (Corredor Turistico) which stretches from San Jose del Cabo to Cabo San Lucas. Along this highway are world-class hotels and top restaurants. Los Cabos has a championship golf course, offers sport fishing and beautiful beaches. In winter you can watch the mating and birthing of the gray whale, while in summer you can head to Magdalena Bay for scuba diving, kayaking, fishing, etc.
The Airport is located in San Jose del Cabo, situated at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula, where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez, in the state of 'Baja California Sur'. It is also situated 220km south of La Paz.
With one long runway and over 3 million passengers in 2012, Los Cabos International is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe. Note that Virgin America has recently added a San Franciso route.
A Best Western hotel is located next to the Airport.
NOTE: Most airport employees are conversant in English.
1. It is recommended to arrive for domestic flights two hours, and for international flights three hours prior to scheduled departure.
2. To contact the Airport from Mexico, dial 01 624 146 5111 /12 /13; from another country dial 011 52 624 146 5111 /12 /13.
3. Los Cabos Airport offers U.S.-Mexico pre-clearance.
Los Cabos Airport has two passenger terminals - T1 & T2 (former T3 merged into T2), however, note that they are a quarter mile apart, only reachable by foot or taxi. T1 is the closest to the highway's airport entrance/exit.
Domestic Terminal 1 offers basic services.
International Terminal 2 As part of the 5-year development plan, some remainig construction work is still ongoing. Upon completion, the new terminal will have 34,000 square meters of space, telescopic hallways, improved check-in counters, 10 departure gates, and state-of-the-art services.
Amenities & Services: Both terminals have ATM cash machines & offer fast food & drinks, but prices are high (a beer costs $5 at the Airport). T2 has a VIP room.
Parking options at Los Cabos Airport include three parking lots, with a total of 375 spaces. Parking must be paid either by credit card or in Mexican pesos (MPs).
Rental car agencies: A new structure, painted gray & blue, offers expanded rental car facilities, as well as shops & business services. Also, rental car agencies are located along the highway leading to the airport.
To get from Los Cabos Airport to your destination, you can rent a car , take a taxi - or you can call the transportation hotline toll-free at 1-877-BAJA-123 from Mexico, US & Canada 9am-6pm, Mo-Fri, 9am-2pm Sat/Sun (Central Mountain Time).
Taxi rides to San Lucas (32 miles away) run $70-80 and take about 45 mins along Transplantation Hwy - while
shuttles (buses or vans) are $15-18 per person;
Taxis & shuttles to San Jose del Cabo, 7 miles from the Airport, are also available.
A public bus (SuburCabo) operates beteen 5am-11pm at the Airport, runs along the highway and stops at any of the resorts dotting the 18-mile stretch from San Jose del Cabo to San Lucas, and presently costing only 30 pesos or $3!
Municipio de Los Cabos, B.C.S.
- Website for Los Cabos International: http://aeropuertosgap.com.mx/english/index-site.html
- Email Address: http://www.aeropuertosgap.com.mx/english/formularios-contacto-en/formulario-los-cabos.html
- Phone: 52 624 146 5111
Los Cabos International SJD Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Los Cabos International SJD Airport Update History
- Updated SJD Airport Intro page - May 10, 2013
- Updated SJD Airports page - May 10, 2013
- Updated SJD Food & Stores page - Mar 20, 2013
- Updated SJD Direct Flights page - Feb 25, 2013
- Updated SJD Main Terminals page - Jan 17, 2013
- Updated SJD Official Website Links page - Jan 17, 2013