Sandefjord Torp (TRF) Airport
Sandefjord Torp TRF Airport Overview
Sandefjord Torp International Airport TRF serves both as regional airport for Vestfold and Telemark, and as low-cost airport for Eastern Norway.
The Airport is located 10 km northeast of Sandefjord, Vestfold county, and 110 km south of Oslo, Norway. To get to the Airport by car, take the E18 from Oslo through the county of Vestfold and on to Kristiansand. Exit the E18 at Fokserod, to get to Torp. If you are traveling from Kongsberg, you can take highway 40 to Hvittingfoss and then follow highway 32/35 to E18 in Sande; turn off at the E18 by Fokserod, and the airport is 2 km away.
With a long runway and an estimated 1.6 million passengers a year (a third of which travels internationally), Sandefjord Torp Airport is hub to Wideroe Airline and is served a few other airlines. Wideroe offers domestic flights, while KLM Cityhopper, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Ryanair & Wizz Air offer flights to European cities, with connections worldwide.
NOTES: 1. Passengers traveling to Kyiv on Wizz Air should note that the Wizz lands now at Zhulyany airport instead of Borispol.
2. For international flights check-in time is at least 1.5 hours prior to scheduled departure. Ryanair closes its check-in counter 40 minutes prior thereto, and KLM 30 minutes before. Check-in time for charter flights is 2 hours prior to departure and check-in counter closes one hour before.
3. The Airport is opens Mo-Fr 4:30-1130; weekends 4:30-midnight. It is closed at night, no overnight stays!
The passenger terminal at Sandefjord Torp Airport is undergoing much-needed expansion that should accommodate up to 2.5 million passengers per annum. Amenities & services inside the terminal include food and drink, as well as some stores & duty-free shop, a currency exchange office, internet access, an ATM cash machine, and rental car counters.
The service office is handling lost & found, flight information, travel insurance, bus tickets, and bus service which connects Ryanair & Wizz flights between the Oslo & Torp. Open Mo-Fri 6:45am-11pm; weekends 7:30-10:30pm; tel: +47 33 42 7000.
Information stations with news, general information and free internet access are in the internatinal departure area, in front of the tax-free store, and opposite the main entrance.
Meeting and conference rooms are available for up to 50 persons (tel. +47 33 42 70 02 /fax 01.
Parking options at Sandefjord Torp Airport: Parking is available in the parking garage across from the passenger terminal; there is also a long-term parking lot available. The first 30 minutes of parking are free.
For more parking information call EuroPark at 33 47 18 10.
To get from Sandefjord Torp Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus:
1. Taxis: you can choose ‘Vestfold Taxisenral’ serving Sandefjord, Larvik og Stokke,(Tel: 33 42 02 00); Tonsberg Taxi (Tel: 33 30 11 11); Horten/Borre Taxi (Tel: 33 08 38 00; or Grenland Taxi (Tel: 03536).
2. Buses: A bus to town leaves hourly starting 5:55am to 8:55 pm. The Torpe Express runs to Oslo Drummen. The Telemark Express runs a Seljord - Sandefjord Lufthavn Torp - Tønsberg.route. The Sorlands Express has a route from Kristiansand - Grenland (Skjelsvik og Rugtvedt) -Sandefjord (Fokserod). TIME Express line 14 has a route from Stavern – Larvik – Sandefjord (Fokserod) to Oslo.
3. Train: The Sandefjord Airport Station is situated in the basement of the airport terminal and is easily accessible by use of the escalator from the arrival hall. The station features separate platforms for the Airport Express Trains and other trains. A trip to Oslo, city 110 km away, takes 108 minutes; to Oslo Airport 2 hours 23 minutes. A shuttle bus runs frequently to the train station according to flight schedule, taking ten minutes. The train ticket includes the price of the shuttle bus.
- Website for Sandefjord Torp: http://www.torp.no/Default.aspx?Language=EN&pkMenu=131&nc=25760522-75a0-4254-86a4-8fa07bef44c0
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Phone: +47 33 42 7000
Sandefjord Torp TRF Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Sandefjord Torp TRF Airport Update History
- Updated TRF Airport Intro page - Mar 17, 2013
- Updated TRF Airports page - Mar 17, 2013
- Updated TRF Email page - Mar 17, 2013
- Updated TRF Food & Stores page - Mar 6, 2013
- Updated TRF Direct Flights page - Mar 5, 2013