Santander (SDR) Airport
Santander SDR Airport Overview
Santander Airport SDR is the only airport in the Cantabrian region of Spain and serves the city of Santander and its surrounding areas..
The Airport is located in the town of Maliano, within the municipality of Camargo, on the west side of the bay, and 5 km from the capital city Santander. It has direct access to the A-8 Santander-Bilboa dual carriageway, with the airport exit 5 m from Santander city center.
With 0.8 million passengers a year, Santander Airport is presently served by Iberia, Air Nostrum and Ryanair, offering direct flights to major European cities, with connections to all points of the globe.
Santander Airport has one passenger terminal:
(a) Departure traffic in the passenger terminal is on the ground floor P0, with a departure lounge, check-in desks, ticket sales by Iberia 902 400 500 & Ryanair 807 220 220, and five boarding gates, as well as a shopping & restaurant area.
(b) The Arrivals traffic passes along the ground floor P0, through two gates. The arrivals hall has a baggage area, passport control, customs and an arrivals lobby with rental car desks.
Amenities in the passenger terminal:
Level P0 has an Airport Shop, a multi-shop, & a cafeteria,
3 ATM cash machines (Banco Santander, a virtual branch, with ATM 4B, and Caja Cantabria ATM Euro 6000),
Information points for Aena (902 404 704) & Cantabria Tourist Council (690 600 825),
Lost Luggage (Iberia 902 341 342, & Lesma Handling for Ryanair 942 202 412).
Wi-Fi internet areas in the departure hall, cafeteria, boarding lounge and air-bridge module.
Terravision (bus ticket sales for bus airport transfers to the cities of London, Milan, Rome & Frankfurt).
Rental car agencies Atesa, Europcar, Hertz & Sol-Mar.
As well as: a mail box & a chapel on P1, a police station (942 22 122), Lost property (942 202 100); First Aid; Meeting point; and Rental car desks, located on level P0.
Parking options at Santander Airport include 785 parking spaces, 20 of which are disabled spaces. The office of the parking management & its customer service desk is open 6am-midnight (tel. 942 202 425). Between midnight and 6am, vehicles may not enter or leave the car park, unless in exceptional circumstances. Once inside, the vehicle can stay in the car 24/7.
In order to access the car park you have to purchase your ticket at the terminals’ entrances. Make a note of the location of your car, lock it and take your ticket with you.
Before removing your car you need to pay at one of the four automatic payment machines in front of the car park control booth. Thereafter, take the validated ticket and return to your car. You then have 10 minutes to leave the car park and place your ticket into the receptor on either of the three exit routes. If you have a dead battery, go to the control booth and ask for a free start-up.
To get fromSantander Airport to your destination you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus:
(a) the taxi stand is opposite the passenger terminal (tel. 942 333 333). The taxi fare to Santander is about 20 EUR.
(b) Two Alsa bus services are available:
1. To Santander Bus Station (tel. 942 211 995): The bus stops next to Arrivals, and takes 15 minutes. It departs the Airport at 6:40 am, 7 am, and every half hour thereafter until 11 pm. The bus fare is 2 EUR.
2. To other cities (Bilbao, Gijon, Oviedo, Laredo, etc – tel: 902 422 242). Buses stop at the airport only if passengers have made prior booking, and purchased tickets, either by telephone or through the Alsa website.
Carretera del Aeropuerto, s/n
Maliano / Cantabria, S-39600
- Website for Santander: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Santander/en/
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Phone: +34 91 321 1000
Santander SDR Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Santander SDR Airport Update History
- Updated SDR Airports page - Apr 2, 2013
- Updated SDR Direct Flights page - Apr 2, 2013
- Updated SDR Airport Intro page - Mar 22, 2013
- Updated SDR Food & Stores page - Mar 10, 2013