Santiago de Compostela (SCQ) Airport
SCQ AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
Santiago de Compostela SCQ Airport Overview
Santiago de Compostela International Airport SCQ is Galicia's main airport and serves the province of A Coruna, Spain.
The Airport is located 10 km northeast from the city center of Santiago de Compostela, and it is accessible via national motorway N-547 linking Santiago de Compostela with Lugo, or via dual carriageway linking Santiago ring road to N-547. For customer assistance call 902 404 704.
With a long runway and an estimated 2.2 milion passengers in 2012, the Airport is served by domestic and international, regular and low-cost airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Santiago de Compostela Airport has one passenger terminal which was recently extended to 74,000 sqare meters - triple its former size. It consists of a so-called 'processing building' used for check-in & baggage reclaim & services & amenities, and the Y-shaped 'Dock' (Concourse) on level 1 with 13 gates, used for boarding and debarkation.
The new airpcraft parking apron has 15 aircraft stands, five of which have airbridges.
A 5-level parking garage is located across from the terminal and includes taxi service, rental cars & bus platforms.
Level 0: Baggage Reclaim is located on sub-level P0 with 3 passport control stations; it is divided into two halls - one for EU flights with 3 carousels, and one for non-EU flights with one carousel and another for special baggage.
Level 1: Check-in on level 1 can be reached via taxi, bus or car, or the parking garage, and has 22 baggage check-in desks and one for special baggage. Pre-boarding waiting areas have a large shopping area, leading to the gate area. Note that gates 2 - 15 are on level 1, while gate 1 is on the mezzanine level.
Amenities & services inside the terminal: Aside from food & drink and shops, the terminal offers a range of services, among them are:
Aena counter (tel. 902404 704); Santiago Tourist Office (tel. 981 897 194); Santiago Hotel/Restaurants (tel. 981 592 700); Tour Operators Iberojet (tel. 981 547 746) & Soltour (tel 902 101 042); banking branch Caixa de Galicia (tel. 981 897 131); Lost or Damaged Luggage (handled by: AirBerlin (981 59 547); Air Europa (902 190 271), Iberia (902 341 342, Ryanair (807 383 811), & Spanair (902 131 435); and rental car counters for Atesa (981 5 877); Avis (981 547 830); Europcar (981 547 740);& Hertz (981 598 893).
Police Station on P1 (981 547 663); Gas Station (981 897 463); Lost & Found on P0 (981 547 571); First Aid station on P0 (981 547 565); ‘Tecnotron’, a children’s entertainment and photo machine; and ‘Multimedia'; and public internet access, and more.
Parking options at Santiago Compostela Airport include valet parking (for users traveling for several days), and:
1. General Carpark (3 mins by foot from the terminal - best for pickup/dropoff or for stays under 4 days;
2. Short-term Carpark for stays of under 30 mins - with direct access to check-in, Arrivals & Departures.
Rental car counters for major agencies are located in the Arrivals hall of the passenger terminal.
To get from Santiago Compostela Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus: The taxi rank is in front of the passenger terminal (tel. 981 591 575); the fare to Santiago is about 18.50 EUR. A bus to the city takes about 20 minutes and costs 2 EUR. Four bus lines serve the Airport:
1. Airport – A Coruna line (tel. 981 2567 082): Autocares Travidi Labacolla connects Santiago Airport with the Hotel Atlántico in A Coruna (Jardines Mendez Nunez s/n).
2. Airport - Lugo line (tel. 981 542 416): Route run by the Freire company between the Airport and the Lugo bus station (Plaza de la Constitucion s/n).
3. Santiago - Airport Line (tel. 981 542 416): Empresa Freire connects the airport to different parts of the city of Santiago (Dr. Texeiro, Avenida de Lugo, Bus station and San Lazaro).
4. Ryanair bus service (tel. 981 542 416): Service by Freire for Ryanair flights. Connects the airport with the Plaza de Galicia in Santiago, with stops in Avenida de Lugo (near the train station), at the bus station, and in San Lazaro’s Convention Center.
Santiago de Compostela / Galicia, S-15820
- Website for Santiago de Compostela: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Santiago/en/Home.html
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +34 91 321 1000
Santiago de Compostela SCQ Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Santiago de Compostela SCQ Airport Update History
- Updated SCQ Airport Intro page - May 11, 2013
- Updated SCQ Airports page - May 11, 2013
- Updated SCQ Food & Stores page - Mar 10, 2013
- Updated SCQ Main Terminals page - Feb 3, 2013
- Updated SCQ Direct Flights page - Jan 18, 2013