Split Airport SPU seves the Dalmatian area of the Balkan country Croatia. It has its busiest travel time from March through September, when European travelers flock in droves to the lovely Dalmatian Coast. Note that in the summer season, Saturdays are the busiest days of the week – if you can avoid traveling on this day, you are better off.
The Airport is located on the Adriatic coast, 6 km east of the town of Trogir, and 25 km southeast of the city of Split, in the County of Split-Dalmatia - accessible via motorway 8. It serves both the cities of Split and Kastela and is an important hub for Croatia Airlines which flies year-round to many major European cities.
With an estimated 1.7 million passengers annually, Split Airport is served by domestic, international, regular and low-cost airlines offering direct flights to numerous European cities and connections around the globe.
- For Croatia, Estonian & Lufthansa airlines you may register not earlier than 24 hours, not later than one hour, prior to scheduled flight;
- For Sandinavian Airlines you can register not earlier than 12 hours, and not later than one hour, prior to scheduled flight;
- For all other airlines you may register not earlier than three hours, and not later than one hour, prior to scheduled flight.
The passenger terminal at Split Airport recemt;u received a major overhaul - adding 34,500 sq.meters of space. The expanded terminal has 4 jetways and a new and larger apron.
The Ground Level is split between local arrivals & departures & international arrivals & departures:
- To the left are passport control, baggage claim, customs check, lost baggage, a bank branch, ATM cash machine, internet corner and rental car desks. The front center offers currency exchange & VAT refund, parking pay station, information counter, ticket sales;
- To the right, are the check-in counters, security check, domestic departure waiting room, international business lounge, & access to international departure waiting room on level 1.Two bus stops are outside at either side of the exit doors.
Level 1 offers dining options to the left, a rental car desk and General Aviation desk, baby care, & information counter in the center, and international departure waiting room and cafe bar at left, with acces to the international departure gates.
The Basement Level houses the baggage handling area for outgoing baggage and a first-aid room.
NOTE: During the Summer Season (April - October) the Welcome Desk sponsored by the Kastela & Split Dalmatia County Tourist Boards, will assist passengers with all tourist & airport -related inquiries.