St Petersburg Pulkovo (LED) Airport
LED AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
St Petersburg Pulkovo LED Airport Overview
Pulkovo International Airport LED is one of the Russian Federation's most important airports and also serves as a transfer point for travelers between the East and the West. It is busiest during the summer season when visitors flock to the spectacular sites of the historic city of St. Petersburg. Pulkovo, which celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2013, is managed by Northern Capital Gateway, an international consortium.
The Airport is located 10.6 miles (or 40-60 minutes by car), from downtown St. Petersburg, near the border of Finland. The Airport is accessible via access road Pulkovskoye Shosse (leading to central St. Petersburg), which connects to the KAD motorway to the north, and which continues to the south as Kiyevskoye Shosse, connecting to the M-11 motorway. The nearest metro station, the Moskovskaya, presently can only be reached by taxi or shuttle bus.
With two long runways and an estimated 11.2 million passengers in 2012, Pulkovo International Airport is served by a host of national and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
NOTICE: Arrive at the Airport at least 2.5 hours prior to scheduled departure time. You can considerably reduce waiting time by using either self-check-in counters in the departure area or check in online.
The present passenger terminal complex at Pulkovo International Airport consist of two terminals - P1 & P2. The call center can be reached at +7 (812) 704-38-22 or 704-34-44. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Pulkovo Airport:
1. Opposite from Pulkovo-1 are free & paid parking lots.
2. Pulkovo-2 has a parking lot in front of it, as well as the new closeby 5-level parking garage.
Rental car counters for major rental cars are located in terminal P1's Moscow hall, and in terminal P2's Arrivals hall.
To get from Pulkovo Airport to your destination you can rent a car, take a taxi, a minibus or a regular bus.
1. For transport to the city, it is advisable to use bus or van, instead of taxis which can charge up to EU 50, unless you are willing to negotiate the taxi fare prior to getting into the taxi.
2. To get to the Metro station (the Moskovskaya), take a shuttle bus or a taxi.
3. Night shuttle bus service to city center's Vladimirskaya Square from either Terminals P1 or P2 is available via Scania and Volzhanin buses.
4. Inter-Country rail connections: The city of St. Petersburg offers five train stations with excellent connections to Moscow, the Baltic States and the Scandianavian countries.
Future Airport Developments: In 2010, priority was given to the reconstruction of the Airport, by modernizing the Pulkovo 1 terminal, by bringing the Airport up to the equivalent of IATA 'C' standards, and by adding a new international passenger terminal north of Terminal 1 with 18 gates and a capacity of 13 million pasengers a year. Groundbreaking started on the new terminal in Spring 2011, and official opening is scheduled for 2013/14.
Under consideration are the construction of Western High-Speed Diameter and above-ground express line & electric train railway.
St Petersburg Pulkovo LED Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
St Petersburg Pulkovo LED Airport Update History
- Updated LED Airport Intro page - May 5, 2013
- Updated LED Airports page - May 5, 2013
- Updated LED Parking On site page - Mar 21, 2013
- Updated LED Main Terminals page - Mar 10, 2013
- Updated LED Food & Stores page - Mar 8, 2013
- Updated LED Direct Flights page - Feb 17, 2013