St Petersburg Pulkovo (LED) Airport
St Petersburg Pulkovo LED Airport Overview
Pulkovo International Airport LED is one of the Russian Federation's most important airports and also serves as a transfer point for travelers between the East and the West. It is busiest during the summer season when visitors flock to the spectacular sites of the historic city of St. Petersburg. Pulkovo, which celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2013, is managed by Northern Capital Gateway, an international consortium.
LED Airport is located 10.6 miles (or 40-60 minutes by car), from downtown St. Petersburg, near the border of Finland. The Airport is accessible via access road Pulkovskoye Shosse (leading to central St. Petersburg), which connects to the KAD motorway to the north, and which continues to the south as Kiyevskoye Shosse, connecting to the M-11 motorway. The nearest metro station, the Moskovskaya, presently can only be reached by taxi or shuttle bus.
With two long runways serving 11 million passengers per year, Pulkovo International Airport is served by a host of national and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
NOTICE: Arrive at the Airport at least 2.5 hours prior to scheduled departure time. You can considerably reduce waiting time by using either self-check-in counters in the departure area or check in online.
The present passenger terminal complex at Pulkovo International Airport consist of two terminals - P1 & P2. The call center can be reached at +7 (812) 704-38-22 or 704-34-44.
Parking options at Pulkovo Airport:
1. Opposite from Pulkovo-1 are free & paid parking lots.
2. Pulkovo-2 has a parking lot in front of it, as well as the new 5-level parking garage within walking distanc.
Rental car counters for major rental cars are located in terminal P1's Moscow hall, and in terminal P2's Arrivals hall.
Future Airport Developments: A new international passenger terminal north of Terminal 1 with 18 gates and a capacity of 13 million pasengers a year is to open December 2013.
Under consideration are the construction of Western High-Speed Diameter and above-ground express line & electric train railway.
St Petersburg Pulkovo LED Airport Update History
- LED Airports - Oct 26, 2013
- LED Timezone - Oct 21, 2013
- LED Layover - Oct 21, 2013
- LED Guest Services - Oct 21, 2013
- LED GMT Offset - Oct 21, 2013
- LED Email - Oct 21, 2013
- LED Buses & Trains - Oct 21, 2013
- LED Airport Intro - Oct 21, 2013
- LED Food & Stores - Oct 15, 2013
- LED Main Terminals - Aug 4, 2013
- LED Official Website Links - Jun 12, 2013
- LED Airlines Served - Jun 12, 2013