Stavanger Sola (SVG) Airport
Stavanger Sola SVG Airport Overview
Stavanger Airport Sola SVG - an international airport - is Norway’s third-largest airport.
The Airport is located in the municipality of Sola, and is 11 km southwest of Stavanger, in Rogaland, south-west Norway. (If time allows, you may want to visit the Flyhisorisk Museum in Sola.)
With two long runways and an estimated 4.4 million passengers in 2012, Stavanger Airport offers many daily flights to Oslo, a number of other domestic destinations, and a host of international flights to European cities with connections around the globe. Seasonal Charter flights fly to popular tourist destinations.
Wideroe Airline is now serving regional routes in Western Norway, and has taken over the SAS routes, using Q300 & Q400 aircrafts.
The new on-Airport Rica Airport Hotel Stavanger (tel. +47 51 71 6400) is within walking distance of the terminal, with 188 rooms and 10 meeting rooms.
Stavanger Airport has one passenger terminal. The Airport Service Center is open Mon-Fri 7:30am-9:30pm; Sat 9am-4pm and Sun 12:30pm-9:30pm.
Amenities and services inside the terminal: Free internet access, food and drink establishments, a duty-free shop, a book shop, a kiosk and a 7-11 convenience store.
Sparebank1 is next to security-check on the first floor.
There are a few ATM machines throughout the terminal; five rental car agencies maintain desks on the ground floor.
The ‘Sola Conference Center’, available for rent by the hour or day, is on the 2d floor and offers 8 rooms for 2 – 30 conference attendants, is fully equipped and offers technical support. (Tel: +47.45.26.002.42).
Parking options at Stavanger Airport: Parking Garage P4 is the only closed-in facility and also is the only parking option for special weekend offers (at persent 400 NOK - for parking between Thursday after 3pm to Monday 12 noon.)
1. P1 - Short-term parking is closest to the terminal ;
2. P2 Hourly parking is across from P3;
3. Daily, Hourly & Long-term parking is in P3 and Garage P4, both close to the terminal, and in lots P6, P7 & P8 further away. P8 is the farthest from the terminal and the least expensive one.
To get from Stavanger Airport to your destination you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus.
1. The Airport Bus to Stavanger (14 km away) runs every 20 minutes.
2. Local Bus 9 gets you to Sandnes (11 km away) via Sola & Forus.
Stavanger Sola SVG Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Stavanger Sola SVG Airport Update History
- Updated SVG Airport Intro page - May 7, 2013
- Updated SVG Airports page - May 7, 2013
- Updated SVG Food & Stores page - Mar 10, 2013
- Updated SVG Direct Flights page - Mar 5, 2013
- Updated SVG Main Terminals page - Jan 30, 2013