Stockholm-Bromma Airport BMA
is the closest airport to Stockholm (20 minutes to city center) in Sweden; therefore many passengers prefer to use Bromma instead of the much larger Arlana Airport further away.
BMA Airport is located 7.4 km northwest of downtown & 8 km from central Stockholm and (Stockholm Central railway station connects via a fast rail link to both airports within 20 minutes, while Stockholm's 'Tvarbanan', a light railway ends 1 km before the Bromma Airport.)
With only a short runway (due to lack of space), but 2.5 million passengers in 2016, Stockholm Bromma Airport is served by mostly Scaninavian airlines offering domestic and other Scanidavian destinations.
- The Airport's central telephone number is +46 (0) 10-109 4000.
- A new EU regulation requires departing passengers
to show their boarding card before passing through the security checkpoint. You can either print this card at the check-in counter, from a check-in machine, from the internet; it is also available on your mobile phone, credit/debit card, or airline card.
The passenger terminal at Stockholm-Bromma Airport
has undergone major improvements in recent years and also added new airline gates. The ground level is divided into three sectors and houses at entrance a cash machine, shops, Information counter, & baggage lockers.
- The left part of the terminal
is for check-in and offers a restaurant and coffee shop/
- The center part of the terminal
houses security check and the secure departure section offers a bar, shop, restrooms and access to the Departure Hall with internet access and gates 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b & 5 - 8.
- The right part of the terminal
is for Arrivals, with meeting point, and baggage claim.
Outside of the terminal are taxi stand, bus stop and a meeting point at the west end of the terminal..
Other amenities & services offered
- delayed baggage, Jetpak express deliveries, left luggage lockers, lost & found, postal services and the'Yellow Room' - a VIP lounge. Rental car agencies have linked telephones located in the Arrivals area of the terminal. The security checkpoint was recently upgraded and expanded and includes 4 Xray machine & body scanners.
The Malmo Aviation Lounge
on level 2 is accessible by stairway (near the baggage locker).
Present and future Airport developments:
The Airport's operator Swedavia started development work - with the aim to make Bromma a 'fast, smooth and efficient hub for travel' - starting with check-in on to the boarding gates.