Stockholm-Bromma (BMA) Airport
Stockholm-Bromma BMA Airport Overview
Stockholm-Bromma Airport BMA is the closest airport to Stockholm (20 minutes to the city center). Due to its closer proximity to Stockholm, many passengers prefer to use this airport instead of the much larger Arlana Airport further away.
The Airport is located 7.4 km northwest of downtown & 8 km from central Stockholm and (Stockholm Central railway station connects via a fast rail link to both airports within 20 minutes, while Stockholm's 'Tvarbanan', a light railway, is to open in 2013, but will end 1 km before the Bromma Airport.)
With only a short runway (due to lack of space), but an estimated 2.2 million passengers in 2011, Stockholm Bromma Airport is served by mostly Scaninavian airlines offering domestic and other Scanidavian destinations.
NOTE: 1. The Airport's central telephone number is +46 (0) 10-109 4000.
2. A new EU regulation requires departing passengers to show their boarding card before passing through the security checkpoint. You can either print this card at the check-in counter, from a check-in machine, from the internet; it is also available on your mobile phone, credit/debit card, or airline card.
The passenger terminal at Stockholm-Bromma Airport has undergone major improvements to the passenger terminal in recent years and also added new airline gates. Its amenities & services offered, aside from food & drink and and retail concessions, include a conference room, currency exchange, AT cash machine, internet access, delayed baggage, Jetpak express deliveries, left luggage lockers, lost & found, postal services and the'Yellow Room' - a VIP lounge.
Parking options at Stockholm-Bromma Airport: Parking is available in parking areas P1& P2, in terminal parking area P5, at economy lot PE, at reserved lot PR, and disabled parking spaces are adjacent to the terminal. The largest lot, P2 is located right after the Airport entrance. For more parking information call +46 8 797 6800.
Rental car counters agencies have linked telephones located in the Arrivals area of the terminal.
To get from Stockholm-Bromma Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus: Travel time to central Stockholm is about 30 minutes.
1. Stockholm Transit system: SL Bus 110 runs to Alvik, where the metro train (Tunnelbana) or the streetcar stations are located; and SL Bus 152 runs to Alvsjo Station (Stockholm's International Fair) via solna & Sundbybeg..
2. Airport coaches travel directly between the Airport and the City Terminal in about 20 minutes or so, and from there on airport coaches or a high speed train (Arlanda Express) to Stockholm-Arlanda Airport.
3. There are also airport coaches to Stockholm-Skavsta Airport. For more information visit: flygbussarna.se
3. Stockholm Central railway station connects the Airport via a fast rail link within 20 minutes (the station, however, is not inside Airport boundaries.
NOTE: A new light railway (Tvairbanan) will open some time in 2013, however, its station will be 1 km from the terminal.
Stockholm-Bromma BMA Airport Update History
- BMA Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- BMA Airlines Served - Jun 7, 2013