Stockholm Skavsta (NYO) Airport
Stockholm Skavsta NYO Airport Overview
Stockholm-Skavsta Airport NYO is Stockholm's second largest airport, and the third largest in Sweden. Even though it experienced a downturn in passengers in 2010, 2011 will bring passenger count back to former numbers, as the Airport had made considerable improvements, like a new entry road, a new apron, new destinations, new website and new organization.
The Airport is located near Nyköping, Sweden, about 100 km south of Stockholm, or a 90-minute drive to downtown, and is directly accessible via the E-4 highway (take exit 133 and follow signs 'Skavsta' for 7 km).
With two runways and an estimated 2.3 million passengers a year, Stockholm Skavsta Airport is a major hub for Ryanair, and is served by airlines offering scheduled flights to European cities, and by seasonal charters to popular vacation destinations.
The on-Airport ‘Connect Hotel Skavsta’ is just 75 meters from the passenger terminal and offers two fully-equipped conference rooms accommodating up to 140 attendants. (Tel: +46 (0)155 220 220.
Stockholm-Skavsta Airport has one passenger terminal. (For detailed terminal information, click on 'Terminal Map'.)
Parking options at Stockholm-Skavsta Airport:
1. Short-term parking is opposite the terminal (the first 15 minutes are free - ideal for passenger pickup.
2. The Parking Garage has a walkway through it to the terminal. Its entrance gate is across from the long-term parking lot.
3. Long-term parking is to your left as you enter the Airport
4. Disabled parking (with proper permit) is at the long-term lot (drive past the buses in front of the terminal, make a right at the sign.
To get from Stockholm-Skavsta Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus:
1. Taxis to Stockholm must be preordered and take about 90 minutes to downtown Stockholm.
2. Buses & coaches run between Stockholm city and Skavsta - the trip takes between 80 and 90 minutes.
3. Flybussarna Airport buses offer three routes: (a) nonstop to Stockholm's city terminal; (b) to Soderjalja, Skarholmen, Vastberga & Gullmarsplan at Stockholm; (c) to Norrkoping and Linkoping. For more information visit flybussarna.se.
4. The local train station in Nyköping is 7 km away. To get there, you can take a taxi or the local bus 515 or 715. Bus tickets need to be bought at the arport - not onboard. For more information call Lanstrafiken at +46 (0)771 22 4000.
Stockholm Skavsta NYO Airport Update History
- NYO Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- NYO Airlines Served - Jul 3, 2013
- NYO Official Website Links - Jun 16, 2013