Stuttgart (STR) Airport
Stuttgart STR Airport Overview
Stuttgart International Airport STR serves the city of Stuttgart and its surrounding areas in the German State of Baden-Wurttenberg.
The Airport is located on the boundaries of the town of Leinfelden, Echterdringen, Filderstadt and Stuttgart proper, and is situated next to motorway A8, about 13 km south of the city center of Stuttgart.
With an estimated 9.7 million passengers in 2012, the Airport is a hub for the German low-cost carriers Germanwings and TUIfly, and is also served by a multitude of domestic and foreign, low-cost and regular airlines offering direct and connecting flights to European cities and beyond. In addition, seasonal charter flights are available to popular vacation destinations.
The on-Airport 4-star Moevenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport is within walking distance of the passenger terminals, but also offers free shuttle service.
The passenger terminal complex at Stuttgart International consists of four terminals under one roof - T1, T2 & T3 and the low-cost T4. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking at Stuttgart International:
1. Passenger pickup is available at all Arrivals areas – park in parking lot P0 at the West Gate, across from P2 (first hour free).
2. The Airport offers valet parking (between T1 and T3) and plenty of parking spaces (available 24/7) in covered parking P2, P4 and P6 & P10, and open-air lots P0, P1, P3-P5, P7, P8 & P11 (there is no P9).
3. Once these parking spaces are filled, you can use overflow parking facilities in the Stuttgart Messe (Exhibit) area – P20 –P23, P26 (part of the Airport, located across Flughafenstrasse (Airport Street).
4. Short-term parking is available at P3, P5 & P7. .
Disabled persons and women parking spaces are marked and the parking control system will direct you to free parking spaces for the disabled, located in all parking blocks on the ground floor, directly next to the entrance. (for information call 0711/ 9 48 44 52).
Parking fees are payable prior to returning to your car at the cash payment automat which also accept EC cards and major credit cards.
(P1, P2, P4 & P10 have identical fees).
For more parking information, contact ALCOA at tel. 0711/ 9 48-45 18.
To get from Stuttgart Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a bus, a train, or the subway.
1. Taxi Service Stuttgart (tel: (0711) 55 10 000) serves, 24/7, Stuttgart, Filderstadt and Leinfelden, Echterdingen.
2. The S-Bahn (subway) - lines S2 or S3 - run directly from Terminal 1, level 1, to Stuttgart Central Railway Station - part of the ICE, EC and IC rail network. Trains run every 10 or 20 mins (every 30 mins weekends) and take 27 minutes.
31. The Expresso X3 Bus makes stops at Gniebel, Pliezhausen, Reutlingen & Pfullingen. Bus 826 (to Tuebingen) connects to the S2 & S3 from the Airport.
4. Bus 74 (to Nuertingen) connects to Bus 36 and then to the S2 from the Airport.
5. Bus 809 (to Neuenhaus) connects from the S-2 to the Airport, and also connects to Degerloch, Fasanenhof.
6. FairLiner X15 (to Esslingen, Uhingen, Goeppingen, Geislingen) also stops at the Airport.
7. To get from the Airport to the Messe (Exhibit area) take the Messe Shuttle 78, 74 & 809.
8. 'Wayo Airport Express" makes frequent runs to Karlsruhe via Pforzheim - taking 80 minutes (visit wayo.de or call 01805 - 212626.
Stuttgart STR Airport Update History
- STR Airports - Oct 28, 2013