Svalbard Longyear (LYR) Airport
Svalbard Longyear LYR Airport Overview
Svalbard Airport Longyear LYR is located 3 km northwest of Longyearbyen, the largest town on the island of Spitsbergen, on the Arctic Svalbard archipelago of Norway. It is the northernmost airport in the world, 1,300 km from the North Pole.
NOTE: 1. Even though mainland Norway is part of the Schengen countries, Svalbard is excluded – there is no passport control.
2. The Airport is open 10am-5pm daily (tel: (+47) 67 03 54 00). 3. It is advisable to arrive at the airport for domestic flights one hour prior to scheduled departure, 1.5 hours ahead for international depatures, and two hours ahead of scheduled charter flights.
An estimated 127,000 passengers use this airport for flights to Oslo and Tromso. Seasonal charters are available to popular tourist destinations.
The passenger terminal at Svalbard Airport offers some self-check-in machines, rental cars and a restaurant.
To get from Svalbard Airport to your destination you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus.
Longyearbyen, Svalbard Island, NO-9710
- Website for Svalbard Longyear: http://www.avinor.no/en/airport/svalbard/frontpage
- Phone: +47 67 03 5400
Svalbard Longyear LYR Airport Update History
- LYR Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- LYR Airlines Served - Jul 3, 2013
- LYR Food & Stores - Jul 3, 2013