Svalbard Longyear (LYR) Airport
Svalbard Longyear LYR Airport Overview
- Even though mainland Norway is part of the Schengen countries, Svalbard is excluded – there is no passport control.
- The Airport is open 10am-5pm daily (tel: (+47) 67 03 54 00).
- It is advisable to arrive at the airport for domestic flights one hour prior to scheduled departure, 1.5 hours ahead for international depatures, and two hours ahead of scheduled charter flights.
An estimated 130,000 passengers use this airport for flights to Oslo and Tromso. Seasonal charters are available to popular tourist destinations.
The passenger terminal at Svalbard Airport offers some self-check-in machines, rental cars and a restaurant.
Longyearbyen, Svalbard Island, NO-9710
- Website for Svalbard Longyear: http://www.avinor.no
- Phone: +47 67 03 5400 /fax 5401