Szczecin-Goleniow (SZZ) Airport
Szczecin-Goleniow SZZ Airport Overview
Szczecin-Goleniow Solidarnosc Airport SZZ serves the city of Czczecin in north-west Poland. The name of the famous trade union Solidarnosc (‘Solidarity’) was added to the Airport name in 2006.
The Airort is located in the town of Goleniow, village of Glewice, and about 45 km northeast of the city of Szczecin, and is situated close to the border with Germany.
With an estimated 300,000 passengers a year, domestic and international airlines offer flights to some European destinations, while seasonal charters fly to popular vacation spots.
The on-Airport ‘Pilot’s Hut Motel’ offers single rooms and suites (tel: +48 (0)91 481 75 80).
The passenger terminal at Szczecin-Goleniow Airport, opened in 2001 and expanded in 2005, offers the following amenities: information center, passenger services, first-aid room, chapel, lost baggage, mother & child room, restaurant, cafe, duty-free stores, cash machine (Pekao Bank); currency exchange, post office and ‘Around the World’ Travel Agency (tel. 091 481 76 25). Conference rooms for either 2-6 or up to 20 persons can be rented (tel. +48 91 481 7610; fax 7675). The LOT Airline ticket office can be contacted at +48 91 481 750.
Parking at Szczecin-Goleniow Airport is available in carparks P1 and P2. The first 10 minutes of parking in both carparks is free. P1 is next to the terminal and can be used for short-and long-term parking; P2 is 50 meters from the terminal and also has short- and long-term parking available. After payment into an automatic cash receptor you have 15 minutes to exit the car park.
To get from Szczecin-Goleniow Airport to your destination, you have the choice of renting a car (Avis, Hertz, Europcar, Sixt), taking a taxi or a public bus, or take a taxi (Airport Taxi Group tel. +48 91 4817690), or minibus to the train station:
1. Public Buses run between the Airport and the cities of Szczecin andGoleniów, as well as between the Airport and Koszain, Karlino, Ploty, & Nowogard. You can either pay the bus driver directly 17.9 zl, or get your ticket from the travel agency in the terminal, or online from the Interglobus office and pay only 13.9 zl.
2. LOT Airline minibus (tel: 091 481 7400) leaves 15 minutes after flight arrival and takes you to al. Wyzwolenia 17 in Szcezin. The fare is 18 pl.
3. The Goleniow Train Station is 7 km from the Airport – a taxi will cost you 30 pln, or you can take the minibus towards Nowogard.
Szczecin-Goleniow SZZ Airport Update History
- SZZ Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- SZZ Airlines Served - Jun 11, 2013
- SZZ Official Website Links - Jun 11, 2013