OverviewPublic Transportation from Tampa Airport: Passenger pickups for buses & charters are in the Ground Transportation Quadrants' bus spaces, while dropoffs are made at Departure Level cross-over drives. For Ground Transportation inquiries call 813-870-8718. Aside from bus connections listed below, you can also get to the following destinations by taking a taxi, limo or shared van:
- to downtown Tampa -25 minutes.
- to Pinellas County (Pinellas Park & Beaches, Clearwater & St. Petersburg) - 35-45 mins.
- to Pasco & Hernando Counties (New Port Richey, Holiday & Spring Hill).
- to Orlando & Walt Disney World - about 2 hours.
- to Sarasota or Port Manatee - about 2 hours.
- to Fort Myers or Naples - 3 - 4 hours (no shared vans, but also by Greyhound Bus).
- to Citrus County (Crystal River, Homasassa Springss,Inverness or Lecanto) - about 1.5 - 2.5 hours.
HART buses for Hillsborough are located at the East end of the Red Baggage Claim Curbside by Belt 15. The route map and schedule is located at the bus stop. For more information call 813-254-4278 or open: www.gohart.org/index.html.
Red Coach to Miami & Tallahassee (tel. 877-733-0724) departs from the Ground Transport Center Blue 2 (visit redcoachusa.com for schedule and fares.)
Greyhound bus terminal (800-231-2222 or www.greyhound.com) in downtown Tampa, is on 610 Polk Street /near corner of Pierce Street.