Tempere Pirkkala (TMP) Airport
Tempere Pirkkala TMP Airport Overview
Tampere-Pirkkala Airport TMP is Finland’s third-busiest airport, and also its second-busiest international airport.
The Airport is located 17 southwest of the city center of Tampere, in southern Finland.
With a long runway and 570,739 passengers in 2012, Tampere Pirkkala Airport is served by a number of low-cost airlines offering flights to European cities, and multiple daiy flights to Helsinki, with connections to all points of the globe. Seasonal charters are available to popular vacation venues.
The passenger terminal complex at Tampere-Pirkkala Airport consists of two terminals - T1 & T2: Terminal 1 (the new terminal) is at present used by Finnair, SAS, Blue 1, Finncom, Wingo & airBaltic. Terminal 2 (the old terminal), is used by low-budget airlines Ryanair & Wizz.
NOTE: Terminals 1 & 2 are at different locations - their official address is as follows: Terminal 1: Tornikaari 50, 33960 Pirkkala; Terminal 2: Varikontie 14, 33960 Pirkkala.
From Terminal 1: Paunu Bus 61 runs between Terminal 1 and City center (for timetables call 0100 29400 or open Paunu website, & look under 'Tampere - Pirkkala lentoasema'.
From Terminal 2: The Tokee Bus runs between Terminal 2 (Ryanair flights) and the Tampere Railway Station, stopping in front of the main entrance. (For timetables call 0200 39000 (Finland), or +358 3 383 5444 (abroad).
Terminal 1 is open Mon-Fri 4:30am-1:30am; Sat 4:30am-11am & 1pm-9:30pm; Sun 4:30am-11am & 1pm-1:30am. Its Its amenities include an information desk, food & drink, tax-free shops, conference facilities for up to 22 people - AV equipment, telephone, overhead projector & portable screen are available (book through the Information desk). The VIP Lounge accommodates 10 people and includes a kitchen, telephone & WC. A mail box is outside the terminal.
Terminal 2 - which is prsently undergoing extension work, has a present a ground floor with arrival, departure & check-in; and a first floor offering food & drink at the Café. Its information desk can be reached at 020039000. There is also a travel agency and the Airpros Information Center (tel: 0200 39000). While the renovation & extensionwork is to be completed by late 2013, it is not clear whether the terminal is to stay open during construction.
Parking at Tampere Pirkkala Airport is available in the parking lots close to both terminals.
To get from the Airport to your destination, you can rent a car (Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt & Scandia), take a taxi (Airport Taxi +358 1004131, Rauman taxi (02) 822 5544), or a bus:
1. Paunu bus 61 runs every hour weekdays, less frequently weekends, between Terminal 1 and Pyynikintori Square in Tampere’s city center. There are bus stops at Keskustori (the city's central square), at Koskipuisto park, and outside the bus station. The bus will stop at other marked bus stops along the route. Routes between the city and airport vary between departures. The ride takes about 40 minutes and costs 4 EUR .
2. Tokee operates buses for Ryanair flights. They run between Tampere railway station and Terminal 2. The ride takes about 30 minutes and costs 6 EUR.
- Website for Tempere Pirkkala: http://www.finavia.fi/airports/airport_tampere-pirkkala
- Contact: http://www.finavia.fi/airports/airport_tampere-pirkkala?pg=1091734
- Phone: +358 20 708 5311
Tempere Pirkkala TMP Airport Update History
- TMP Airports - Oct 25, 2013
- TMP Airlines Served - Jun 11, 2013
- TMP Official Website Links - Jun 11, 2013