Top Recommended Layover Activities:
1. Governor Henry Lippitt House
199 Hope St, Providence, RI 02906 · 401-453-0688
This 1865 Renaissance-style mansion is furnished with authentic period pieces, making a tour of the house like a trip back to high-Victorian days. Architectural details abound, and the interior decor features hand-carved woodwork, intricate stenciling, elaborate chandeliers, and stained glass windows. Named a National Historic Landmark in 1976. Definitely worth a visit.
2. Johnson & Wales Culinary Archives and Museum
315 Harborside Blvd, Providence, RI 02905 · 401-598-2805
Cookware from antiquity. American cast iron stoves from the 1800s. Ancient Roman silverware. Over 4000 menus from all over the world. An absolutely huge cookbook collection. All this and more is on display at the Culinary Archives and Museum. No matter what your culinary interest, be it retro diner-style eats, classic Julia Child cooking, or super contemporary haute cuisine, or just collecting in general, this museum is sure to please. A real treat.
3. Providence Children's Museum
100 South St, Providence, RI 02903 · 401-273-5437
If you’re traveling with children, or know someone in the area that has some you could “borrow,” then you must get to the Providence Children's Museum. Designed for kids and their adults to enjoy together, the museum features hands-on art, science, health, and history exhibits, workshops, and special events. Call ahead to see what events are scheduled during your Providence visit.
4. Al Forno
577 S Main St, Providence, RI 02903 · 401-273-9760
It may be hard to believe, but Providence is home to one of the best Italian restaurants in the country. Be sure to order something smothered in their famous sauce - a heaping plate of your favorite pasta should do nicely. If you feel like heading a different route, then consider sampling a wood-grilled pizza or aquidneck oysters before moving on to "heavier stuff" like pepper-grilled chicken paillard, pumpkin-stuffed lasagna, or oven-roasted George's Bank scallops. As always, you'll need to save room for dessert, for you'll never forgive yourself if you've no room for their made-to-order delights: lime-scented butter cake, orange marmalade tart and fresh banana ice cream sandwich, to name but a few. Seating is first come, first served, so arrive early and be prepared to wait, especially on weekends.
5. Blue Grotto Restaurant
210 Atwells Ave, Providence, RI 02903 · 401-272-9030
This piano bar and lounge in Providence’s "Little Italy" offers a creative menu featuring Agnolotti Con Aragosta (half moon shaped pasta filled with lobster in a tomato basil vodka sauce) and other traditional Italian favorites. The comfortably classy room features reflective surface walls. Special music on Fri and Sat nights (Italian favorites).
Top Weekend Getaways And Day Trip Excursions:
1. Jacob Hill Inn
120 Jacob St, Seekonk, MA 02771-1602 · 508-336-9165
Located in the beautiful, local countryside, this lovely bed and breakfast has much to offer any traveler. Guests can go strawberry picking, horseback riding, or even take a hot air balloon ride. However, the surroundings are so beautiful, you may choose to sit and ponder the wonder of it all. Rooms are uniquely and elaborately decorated, and all have private bath and fireplace, most have a Jacuzzi for 2.
2. Old Court Inn
144 Benefit St, Providence, RI 02903 · 401-751-2002
EASTSIDE. Originally built as a rectory in 1863, this bed and breakfast became a hotel in 1886. It is located in the historic district, convenient to Brown University and the Rhode Island School of Design. Rooms are decorated in the styles of different time periods and include private bath and cable TV. Some include a wet bar.
3. State House Inn
43 Jewett St, Providence, RI 02908 · 401-351-6111
Built in 1890, this charming bed and breakfast offers visitors a quiet and comfortable stay. There is a breakfast room and a common room where you can relax and read your selection from the library. All rooms include a private bath and cable TV, and many have fireplaces.
4. Cable Car Cinema and Café
204 South Main St, Providence, RI 02903 · 401-272-3970
EASTSIDE. For over 25 years, the Cable Car has been a unique Providence experience all its own. Supplementing its regular schedule of independent and foreign films, the cinema features pre-film music from local performers, and also hosts festivals and special events. The comfortable café serves coffee, a number of delightful desserts, and light meals consisting of sandwiches, soups, and salads.
5. Custom House Tavern
36 Weybosset St, Providence, RI 02903 · 401-751-3630
Every night features a different form of entertainment at the Custom House Tavern. Go join in the fun on Mondays and Wednesdays when the Tavern hosts an open mic night. Or, sit back and admire the locals' talent at the talent show on Sunday nights. Saturday night the Tavern has jazz break sessions. You can get anything from imported and domestic beers, spirits, and wine.
Terminal Maps at Popular Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL terminal map
- Chicago O'Hare ORD terminal map
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW terminal map
- Los Angeles LAX terminal map
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS terminal map
- Denver DEN terminal map
- Houston Intercontinental IAH terminal map
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX terminal map
- Philadelphia PHL terminal map
- Charlotte Douglas CLT terminal map
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW terminal map
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP terminal map
- Newark Liberty EWR terminal map
- Washington Dulles IAD terminal map
- Boston Logan BOS terminal map
- Salt Lake City SLC terminal map
- La Guardia LGA terminal map
- New York Kennedy JFK terminal map
- Memphis MEM terminal map
- Miami MIA terminal map
- San Francisco SFO terminal map
- Orlando MCO terminal map
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG terminal map
- Seattle Tacoma SEA terminal map
- Honolulu HNL terminal map
- Baltimore Washington BWI terminal map
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC terminal map
- Chicago Midway MDW terminal map
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL terminal map
- Lambert St Louis STL terminal map
- Washington Reagan National DCA terminal map
- Portland PDX terminal map
- Tampa TPA terminal map
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE terminal map
- Raleigh-Durham RDU terminal map
- Houston Hobby HOU terminal map
- Pittsburgh PIT terminal map
- San Diego SAN terminal map
- San Antonio SAT terminal map
- Nashville BNA terminal map