Tijuana (TIJ) Airport
Tijuana TIJ Airport Overview
TIJ Airport is just 6 km (10-minute drive) from the city of Tijuana, located at the northwestern end of the Baja California Peninsula - right on the Mexican side of the U.S.-Mexico border - and 29 km south of San Diego, California. It is accessible via both the US Hwys 5 & 805 and the Mexican Highway 1.
With one long runway and an about 3.7M passengers annually, Tijuana International is hub for Volaris Airlines and is served by domestic airlines offering direct flights mainly within Mexico, while Aeromexico also offers flights to Asian venues.
- The new Cross-Border Terminal with CBP inspection (named 'Cross Border Xpress' or 'CBX') now enables passengers to directly cross from Tijuana Airport in Mexico, to San Diego in the U.S. - by taking the 160-foot enclosed pedestrian 'Tijuana Cross Border Bridge' - allowing ticketed passengers to cross the bridge in either directions at a fee. The new SITA passenger processing system at CBX enables U.S. passengers to access airline destinations, including long-haul flights. CITA's AirportConnect kiosks and work stations enable passengers to check-in at CBX, reducing time to 30 minutes.
- The new Customs station at Otay Mesa, Mexico now lowers waiting times considerably, and may also boost cross-border tourism.
- Airport information: Tel: 52-(664)-607-8200, 52-(664)-607-8201, or 52-(664)-607-8230.
- Tourist-related Information is available from Hoteles Noroeste & Cotuco (hotel information); Viajes Lincoln, Viajes Ancla & Viajes del Rubi (travel agencies).
Tijuana International Airport has one passenger terminal with Concourses A, B, C, and Satellite E, has 23 gates, 10 jetways and four baggage claim carousels.
Amenities and services inside the Terminal: Terminal renovations have now been completed.
A Food Court is in Concourses A & B, at ground & upper levels. Duty-free shops are at Concourses A & B in their main corridor.
Customs is in the Arrivals area. Taxi and rental car desks for all major rental cars are in both Arrivals & Departures.
Wireless internet access by TelMex is available throughout the terminal.
Other services include: American Express; Aerocambia currency exchange; MPA currency exchange, and ATMs from Banamex, HSBC & Bancomer.
Lounges at Tijuana Airport :
- VIP room Tijuana on the upper level of the main terminal; and
- Aeromexico Salon Premier in Concourse A, ground level.