Hancock County - Bar Harbor Airport BHB
, is the closest commercial service airport to Washington County and & the 'Downeast Coastal Country' of the State of Maine. It is a gateway to Acadia National Park, wich is only three miles from the Airport.
BHB Airport is located in the Town of Trenton (between the City of Ellsworth and the Town of Bar Harbor) - off State Route 3. It offers spectacular views towards Mount Desert Narrows, Frenchman Bay and Mount Desert Island, with Cadillac Mountain in the background. Recreational possibilities within a short distance of the airport abound. With Acadia Air Tours you can view the Acadia National Park, and its surroundings, by means of a two-passenger Biplane or a Glider. For more information call 207 667-7627.
With over 16K passengers a year, , Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport is currently served by
- Cape Air (1-866-CAPE-AIR), offering daily flights to Boston's Logan Airport BOS. (Cape Air partners with JetBlue)
- PenAir (1-800-448-4226) offering seasonal flights to Boston during summer season (Memorial to Labor Days)
- Elite Airways (1-877-393-2510) offering jet service between BHB & Newark EWR, with continuing service to Vero Beach, FL.
- For air charters or private flights call DreamShoreAero, (tel. 207-667-5534 - or open www.DreamShoreAero.com)
The small passenger terminal at Bar Harbor Airport r
ecently received expansion & upgrade work: The expanded area now houses separate arrival and departure areas, complete with restrooms and vending machines in the post-security part. While ticketing & rental car operations remained in the original part of the terminal - they were upgraded with new counters, cabinets, flooring and lighting. By year-end 2014 the terminal had doubled its size. A Hertz & Enterprise rental car desk is in the arrivals area.
- Parking is free for up to 60 days.
- Transport: Aside from taking a taxi or rent a car, between June & Columbus Day, the Island Explorer offers bus service between the Airport and several locations on Mount Desert Island. Island destinations include village centers and Acadia National Park. For further information call Downeast Transportation at (207) 667-5796 or visit the Island Explorer Website.