Tromso (TOS) Airport
Tromso TOS Airport Overview
Tromso Airport TOS serves the Norwegian island of Tromsova, including the northern and central parts of Troms county. It is northern Norway’s largest airport.
The Airport is located 5 km northwest of the city center of Tromso, on the western side of the island of Tromsova, and is situated at Kvaloywegen, Highway 862, which connects to E-8.
With an estimated 1.9 million passengers in 2012, most of the domestic flights are to Oslo and Finnmark airports, but a few flights presently also go to London-Gatwick, Riga, Latvia , Madrid & Murmansk, Russia. Seasonal charter flights to popular vacation venues are also available.
NOTE: It is advisable to check in for domestic flights one hour prior to departure, for international flights 1.5 hrs, and for charter fights 2 hours. Self-check-in machines are in the departure hall.
The Scandic Hotel (tel: +47 77 75 50 00) is located only five minutes from the airport.
The main passenger terminal at Tromso Airport is divided into a Terminal A and Terminal B.
Amenities and services inside the termial include: Internet access, a restaurant, cafe, Irish pub, International Departure Bar, book & newsstand, 7-Eleven convenience store and a duty-free store. You can store your luggage or everything from keys to dog cages for up to 30 days.
There is a branch of SpareBank1 Nord-Norge on the ground floor at the south end of the check-in hall which offers, aside from deposits and withdrawals, overseas transfers and withdrawal of funds with both Norwegian and foreign credit cards, and provides currency exchange. For Euro and British Pounds, you can use the available ATM machine.
Furthermore, five major rental car agencies have desks in the arrivals area.
For conference purposes, you can rent one of the three small and one large meeting rooms accommodating up to 28 persons and located in the Terminal’s pier. For more information call +47 67 03 46 20.
Parking options at Tromso Airport include:
1. Short-term parking options: at Parking Garage P6; and Parking Lot P20 at the main entrance.
2. Long-term parking options: at Parking Garage P6, at P1 in front of the platform; P2 (covered), P3 (north of Terminal A), P5 (in front of Terminal B), P11 (west of the tower).
or more parking information, call EuroPark at +47 81 53 2132.
To get from Tromso Airport to your destination, you have the choice of renting a car, taking a taxi, the Airportbus or Scheduled bus:
(a) Taxis are available while the Airport is open for business – during rush hour there is a short wait. The taxi fare to Tromso is NOK 120, weekends/holidays NOK 150 and the ride to the city takes about 10 minutes. For more information, call either Tromso taxi at +47 77 60 30 00 or Din Taxi at +47 02045.
(b) Buses: The Airport Bus runs between the Airport and city center, 5:40am-midnight – the trip takes about 20 minutes and the bus fare is NOK 55. For more information visit Flybussen.no.
Scheduled Buses 40 and 42 run 6:25am-11:50pm, take about 25 minutes and cost NOK 25. For more information consult with Cominor.
Tromso TOS Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Tromso TOS Airport Update History
- Updated TOS Airport Intro page - Mar 17, 2013
- Updated TOS Airports page - Mar 17, 2013
- Updated TOS Food & Stores page - Mar 11, 2013
- Updated TOS Direct Flights page - Feb 24, 2013