Trondheim Vaernes (TRD) Airport
TRD AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
Trondheim Vaernes TRD Airport Overview
Trondheim Vaernes Airport TRD is a regional airport serving both North and South Trondelag counties and the southern part of Nordland country. The Airport, managed by Avinor, is Norway’s fourth-largest airport, and its main destination is Oslo Gardermoen Airport, with a good number of other domestic & foreign venues.
The Airport is located in the town of Stjordal, county of Nord-Trondelag, and 19 km east of the city of Trondheim, Norway. It borders on motorways E-6 and E14 (ongoing work on making the E6 northwards a four-lane highway 5 km from Vaernes, past Stjordal is to be completed by 2013).
With two runways and over 4.2 million passengers in 2012, Trondheim Vaernes Airport is served by a few North European airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Seasonal charters are available to popular vacation destinations.
The on-Airport new ‘Radisson Blu Trondheim Airport Hotel’ (tel. +47 23 29 3621; fax: 3201) is adjacent to Terminal A and includes eleven meeting rooms and parking facilities. .
Trondheim Airpport has one main passenger terminal, divided into Terminals A & B.
Terminal A is or domestic traffic, with five jetbridges and gates 31-35, and
Terminal B is for international traffic, with four non-bridged gates 36-39.
Both have their own check-in facilities; however, scheduled international services are handled at TA. You can walk between both terminals within or outside the secured areas.
Amenities and services inside the passenger terminal: The Airport Service Center (tel: +47 670 32 500) is open Mon-Fri 8am-9pm;Sat 9am-3:30pm, Sun 12:30pm-9pm.
Upper Crust’, Café Picnic and The Norwegian Aquavit Bar are dining establishments focusing on healthier eating. All three are in the departures hall. A 7-Eleven convenience store is in the arrival hall, while the Narvesen kiosk offering news and sundry items is in the departure hall. The international departure hall offers a Point kiosk with a wide selection of magazines and travel items, while Baerre Laekkert offers simple dishes and its bar great drinks.
Rental car offices have moved from the Arrivals hall to attractive windowed booths outside of the parking garage facing Raddison Blue Hotel.
Parking options at Trondheim Airport include Indoor & outdoor, Short- & Long-term, as well as Economy parking:
1. Short-term parking is in the Parking Garage (P-house – P1) and in front of Arrivals and Depatures – P2 & P3, for up to 30 minutes. Short-term parking is intended for pick-up and drop-off of passengers.
2. Long-term parking is available in the Garage P1 and P3.
3. Outdoor long-term parking at P4 is west of the railway, next to the roundabout to the airport.
4. Economy outdoor parking at P5 is located next to the airport roundabout, 300 meters from the terminals.
5. Disabled parking is available at P3 (13 spaces), P1 (2 spaces) and P2 (1 space) close to walkways to the terminal.
6. For electric cars, use one of two available spaces equipped with electrical outlets, in the parking Garage P2 on the 2d floor, west.
For more parking information call EuroPark at + 47 670 32 930.
To get from Trondheim Airport to your destination, you can rent car, take a taxi (30 minutes to Trondheim), take a bus or a train. For current time tables and other public transport services, contact Trafikanten Midt Norge or call 177 (+47 73 88 39 00 from counties other than South-Trondelag):
1. Taxis charge a fixed fare to Trondheim; to order, call +47 74 83 75 00.
2. Buses: (a) The Norway Bussekspress has daily departures between Vaernes and Namsos. (visit nor-way.no or tronderbilene.no; or call 815 44 4444). (b) Airport Express coaches serve hotels in downtown Trondheim.
3. Trains: ‘Trondheim Airport Station’ is in the passenger terminal It has no manned ticket sale; a vending machine is located in the passenger terminal.
(a) Norges Statsbaner operates both commuter and express trains from the Airport. It has three daily expresss rains – one to Mo I Rane and two to Bodo. One of the Bodo trains is a night train. Travel time to Mo I Rana takes 6 hrs and to Bodo 9 hrs 5 mins.
(b) The Trondelag Commuter Rail offers hourly services in each direction: northbound to Steinkjer and southbound to Trondheim & Lerkendal. During peak hours, the frequency is doubled. Travel time to Trondheim is 38 minutes and to Lerkendal 51 minutes. Northwards, travel time to Levanger is 48 minutes, to Verdal 1 hr 2 mins. and to Steinkjer 1 hr 26 mins.
Stjordal, Nord Trondelag, N-7500
- Website for Trondheim Vaernes: http://www.avinor.no/en/airport/trondheim
- Phone: +47 670 32500
Trondheim Vaernes TRD Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Trondheim Vaernes TRD Airport Update History
- Updated TRD Airports page - May 13, 2013
- Updated TRD Food & Stores page - May 13, 2013
- Updated TRD Airport Intro page - May 8, 2013
- Updated TRD Direct Flights page - Mar 5, 2013
- Updated TRD Main Terminals page - Jan 30, 2013
- Updated TRD Airlines Served page - Nov 30, 2012