Turku (TKU) Airport
Turku TKU Airport Overview
Turku Airport TKU serves the Western center of Finland and is the country's fifth-largest airport by passenger numbers.
The Airport is located 8 km north of the town of Turku (in Finnish 'Turun'), and is also a district in the tiny Maaria-Paattinen ward of Turku. Distances from the Airport to cities served: Turku 8 km, Raisio 7 km, Naantali 20 km, Salo 50 km, Uusikaupunki 60 km, Loimaa 60 km, Forssa 90 km, Rauma 90 km.
With a long runway and 454,948 passengers in 2012, Turku Airport is hub to TNT Airways and is served by Finnair / Finncomm, SAS, Lufthansa, Blue1, airBaltic, WizzAir, JetAir & Turku Air & Cimber Sterlingserve the Airport with domestic and international flights to European cities, with connections around the world.
The passenger terminal complex and Turku Airport consists of a main terminal, T1 (Matkustaja), and a secondary terminal, T2 (Raht) - specifically designed for low-cost airlines.
The information Desk and terminal services are open 6am-9pm – Tel: (02) 271 4717, Fax: (02) 271 4699. Terminal 1 is open 5am-2am and Terminal 2 opens 2 hrs prior to scheduled departures. Terminal 1 offers a VIP lounge (Tel: (02) 271 4601, Fax (02) 271 4699, a restaurant & catering facility (02) 415 4944, fax (02) 415 4946, a child care room (ask staff for key) a mail box and fax services (call information desk). For conferene facilities in the VIP lounge call 020 708 4601/ fax 4699.
Parking options at Turku Airport: Its parking systems operates with barriers. 15-minute parking is right across from T1, with disabled parking located closest to the terminal within the large parking lot. T2 has its own small parking lot. The payment methods are as follows:
1. Pay in cash or by credit card, using the pay machines in the parking areas of both T1 & T2:
2. Pay by credit card at the exit barrier (by Visa, Master Card, Diners Club and American Express):
3. The credit card is inserted into the card reader at the arrival barrier and it opens; upon leaving the same credit card is again inserted at the exit barrier.
For more information, contact the Parking Service at tel. +358 (0)2 2714646.
To get from Turku Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a van or bus:
(a) Taxis: You can order a taxi for free at the phone beside the front door in the entrance hall.
1. Airport taxi, tel. +358 400 919 940, fax (02) 233 0155. Fares are fixed and group rates are available. Airport to Turku hotels costs 12 EUR per perso.)
2. Turku call-taxi, tel. +358 2 10041 – the trip to Turku takes 20 mins and costs about 17 EUR.
3. Raumair, tel. +358 2 822 55 44, +358 40 822 55 44 – runs Airport-Rauma route.
(b) Door-to-door vans - Kari Heikniemi, tel. +358 400 720004 (visit: yritystaksit.fi).
(c) Buses: Public Bus 1 departs from the Airport every 20 minutes, and stops at the bus station, the town center, and the Harbor. For the railway station, change at Kauppatori in the town center. The fare is 2.50 EUR during daytime and 3.50 EUR in the evening; no service between 11pm & 4am.
Excellent connections are available from teh port of Turku to Stockholm with the Baltic Sea cruise ferries (Ruotsinlaiva).
- Website for Turku: http://www.finavia.fi/airports/airport_turku
- Phone: +35 8 20 708 4611
Turku TKU Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Turku TKU Airport Update History
- Updated TKU Airport Intro page - Apr 3, 2013
- Updated TKU Airports page - Apr 3, 2013
- Updated TKU Food & Stores page - Mar 20, 2013