Turku (TKU) Airport
Turku TKU Airport Overview
Turku Airport TKU serves the Western center of Finland and is the country's fifth-largest airport by passenger numbers.
The Airport is located 8 km north of the town of Turku (in Finnish 'Turun'), and is also a district in the tiny Maaria-Paattinen ward of Turku. Distances from the Airport to cities served: Turku 8 km, Raisio 7 km, Naantali 20 km, Salo 50 km, Uusikaupunki 60 km, Loimaa 60 km, Forssa 90 km, Rauma 90 km.
With a long runway and 454,948 passengers in 2012, Turku Airport is hub to TNT Airways and is served by Finnair / Finncomm, SAS, Lufthansa, Blue1, airBaltic, WizzAir, JetAir & Turku Air & Cimber Sterlingserve the Airport with domestic and international flights to European cities, with connections around the world.
The passenger terminal complex and Turku Airport consists of a main terminal, T1 (Matkustaja), and a secondary terminal, T2 (Raht) - specifically designed for low-cost airlines.
The information Desk and terminal services are open 6am-9pm – Tel: (02) 271 4717, Fax: (02) 271 4699. Terminal 1 is open 5am-2am and Terminal 2 opens 2 hrs prior to scheduled departures. Terminal 1 offers a VIP lounge (Tel: (02) 271 4601, Fax (02) 271 4699, a restaurant & catering facility (02) 415 4944, fax (02) 415 4946, a child care room (ask staff for key) a mail box and fax services (call information desk). For conferene facilities in the VIP lounge call 020 708 4601/ fax 4699.
Parking options at Turku Airport: Its parking systems operates with barriers. 15-minute parking is right across from T1, with disabled parking located closest to the terminal within the large parking lot. T2 has its own small parking lot. The payment methods are as follows:
1. Pay in cash or by credit card, using the pay machines in the parking areas of both T1 & T2:
2. Pay by credit card at the exit barrier (by Visa, Master Card, Diners Club and American Express):
3. The credit card is inserted into the card reader at the arrival barrier and it opens; upon leaving the same credit card is again inserted at the exit barrier.
For more information, contact the Parking Service at tel. +358 (0)2 2714646.
To get from Turku Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a van or bus:
(a) Taxis: You can order a taxi for free at the phone beside the front door in the entrance hall.
1. Airport taxi, tel. +358 400 919 940, fax (02) 233 0155. Fares are fixed and group rates are available. Airport to Turku hotels costs 12 EUR per perso.)
2. Turku call-taxi, tel. +358 2 10041 – the trip to Turku takes 20 mins and costs about 17 EUR.
3. Raumair, tel. +358 2 822 55 44, +358 40 822 55 44 – runs Airport-Rauma route.
(b) Door-to-door vans - Kari Heikniemi, tel. +358 400 720004 (visit: yritystaksit.fi).
(c) Buses: Public Bus 1 departs from the Airport every 20 minutes, and stops at the bus station, the town center, and the Harbor. For the railway station, change at Kauppatori in the town center. The fare is 2.50 EUR during daytime and 3.50 EUR in the evening; no service between 11pm & 4am.
Excellent connections are available from teh port of Turku to Stockholm with the Baltic Sea cruise ferries (Ruotsinlaiva).
- Website for Turku: http://www.finavia.fi/airports/airport_turku
- Phone: +35 8 20 708 4611
Turku TKU Airport Update History
- TKU Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- TKU Airlines Served - Jun 11, 2013
- TKU Official Website Links - Jun 11, 2013