Tuxtla AngelAlbinoCorzo (TGZ) Airport
Tuxtla AngelAlbinoCorzo TGZ Airport Overview
Tuxtla Corzo International Airport TGZ (Aeropuerto Internactional Angel Albino Corzo) serves the City of Tuxtla Gutierrez and the central State of Chiapas, southern Mexico. Opened in 2006, it was built to handle up to 800,000 passengers per annum - a number which it may be surpassed by the end of 2012.
The Airport is located in the town of Chapa de Corzo, or about 40 km from Tuxtla, a modern city of nearly half a million inhabitants.
With a long runway, 3 taxiways, and an estimated 784,200 passengers in 2011, Tuxtla International Airport will soon serve international destinations. (While it is presently only serving a number of other Mexican cities, it is in contact with U.S. & South & Central American Airlines for international flight prospects.)
The passenger terminal at Tuxtla Airport is divided into an Arrivals & a departure area on two levels. A number of major rental car agencies have counters in the arrivals area.
Parking is available across from the passenger terminal and can accommodate over 600 cars.
To get from Tuxtla Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, or a shuttle bus:
1. Taxis serve the urban areas; a trip to downtown Tuxtla Gutierrez takes about 40 mins. Authorized airport taxis can be distinguished by the color of their units (BLUE, GREEN, RED).
2. Hotel service windows for shuttle service are in the arrivals area for: Best Western, CityExpress, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Maria Eugenia & Plapa Palace.
3. Omnibus Cristobal Colon (OCC) provides, until 5:30pm, a number van services to/from San Cristobal de las Casas and Tuxtla Gutierrez to the airport. Tickets can be purchased at the bus ticket counter in the arrivals area.
Chiapa de Corzo, Chiapas
- Website for Tuxtla AngelAlbinoCorzo: http://www.chiapas.aero/corzo.html
- Phone: +52 961 615 5060
Tuxtla AngelAlbinoCorzo TGZ Airport Update History
- TGZ Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- TGZ Airlines Served - Jun 11, 2013
- TGZ Official Website Links - Jun 11, 2013