Vigo (VGO) Airport
Vigo VGO Airport Overview
Vigo Airport VGO serves the Galician area of Spain.
The Airport is located within the municipalities of Redondela, Vigo and Mos, 8 km from Vigo, and 28 km from Pontevedra, and can be accessed by road N-556 from Vigo and N-555 from Redondela, as well as from motorway A-52 from Orense. Both N-556 & N555 link up with motorway AP-9 to Bayona and to Portugal.
With an estimated 0.8 million passengers in 2012, domestic and international, regular and low-cost airlines serve the airport with direct flights to domestic and other European cities offering connections to all points of the globe.
Vigo Airport has one passenger terminal: Departures are on the ground level P0, with 12 check-in desks; ticket counters for Air Europa, Air France, Iberia & Spanair; and gates 1 & 2 (providing access to the apron). Gates 3 & 4 with airbridges are on the first level P1. Passengers via airbridge arrive in the terminal’s first level P1, while those transferred by bus will have access directly to the baggage claim area on P0, which also houses the Iberia & Spanair Lost luggage desks and the rental car desks.
Services & Amenities in the passenger terminal's ground level P0 include:
A number of shops & food & drink establishments,
Aena Information (tel. 902 44 704), and Rias Baixas Provincial Tourist Office (tel. 986 842 690);
four ATM cash machines for Banco de Galicia, Caixa Galicia, Caixanova & Caja Madrid.
a mail box; Police station, 986 268 224; First Aid station, 986 268 204; Meeting Point; and mobile phone charging machines.
For lost or destroyed luggage, contact Air Europa, 902 190 271; Iberia, 902 341 342; or Spanair, 902 131 435.
Rental car desks are on Level P0 (Avis 986 268 276/78, Europcar 986 486 878, National Atesa 986 486 561 & Sol-Mar 986 487 029).
Parking options at Vigo Airport: Presently there are three parking options available
1. General parking at car park P1 across from the terminal, with 661 spaces.
2. General parking at South car park P2, with 206 spaces on 2 floors.
3. Express Parking in front of the terminal with 22 spaces offers the first 10 minutes of parking free.
Consult Aena’s information service (902 404 704) as to present parking status.
For more parking information call 986 268 235.
To get from Vigo Airport to your destination you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus:
(a) Taxis stop in front of the Arrivals entrance. A set taxi fare of 19.87 EUR applies to the towns of Vigo, Mos & Redondela. For all other towns the charge is 1 EUR/km, and to Pontevedra and Orense about 35 & 105 EUR, respectively. You can also call taxi service directly at 986 252 700; 986 272 829; 986 470 000.
(b) Circular 9A Bus Route: Mon-Fri from Airport to Plaza America; Weekends/Holidays from Airport to Colon. The bus stops next to the Arrival gate. Call either customer assistance at 986 207 474 or the information telephone at 986 291 600.
Apdo. de Correos 1553
Vigo / Galicia, S-36200
- Website for Vigo: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Vigo/en/Home.html
- Email Address: coordinacionVGO@aena.es
- Phone: +34 91 321 1000
Vigo VGO Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Vigo VGO Airport Update History
- Updated VGO Airport Intro page - Mar 20, 2013
- Updated VGO Airports page - Mar 20, 2013
- Updated VGO Food & Stores page - Mar 6, 2013
- Updated VGO Direct Flights page - Jan 13, 2013