Vilnius International (VNO) Airport
VNO AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
Vilnius International VNO Airport Overview
Vilnius International Airport VNO is one of the fastest-growing airports in Europe and serves the Lithuania (one of the three Baltic countries) and its capital City Vilnius. (In 1994 UNESCO declared the old city of Vilnius a part of the World’s cultural heritage.)
The Airport is located 5.9 km south of Vilnius, and is accessible via motorways A3, E28, A15 & A14.
With one runway (with CAT II certification) and an estimated 2.2 million passengers in 2012, Vilnius International Airport is hub to AirBaltic, Estonian & Wizz Air and Small Planet, and is served by a number of European regular and low-cost airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to many European destinations. Seasonal charter flights to popular vacation spots and to Tel Aviv are also available.
The on-Airport Hotel Skrydis at Vilnius Airport is next to the passenger terminal. Its guests can use the guarded car parking area and have a cup of coffee, a snack or a meal at cafes and restaurants in the passenger terminal (Tel: +370 5 230 6498).
The passenger terminal at Vilnius Airport is partitioned into Arrivals and Departures. As passenger traffic has dramatically increased in recent years, major renovation & expansion projects were undertaken by the Airport - most recently the baggage claim hall has been extended. The terminal also has separate passenger flows for Schengen and non-Schengen countries.
Amenities ad services inside the Terminal: Two foreign exchange services and in Arrivals, Sector A, two ATM cash machines; while in the departures area special ‘ATS’ exchange LTs (litas) into EUROS. You can access the internet throughout the terminal for free. A number of food & drink establishments, as well as & shops are located pre-security, while duty-free shops are in post-security Departures on the 2d floor.
Lounges in the passenger terminal:
1. The Olympia lounge,a passenger farewell area, can be used for persons accompanying passengers before going through security check.
2. The business lounge is available at a cost of 65 LT.
3. A fully-staffed VIP lounge (tel. + 37 52 73 93 72).
4. A Business Club is in the Departure area for business class & priority class members (tel. +37 52 73 93 73).
Parking options at Vilnius Airport: Parking is available in P1, a multi-storey parking garage, as well as in the open-space parking lots P2, P3, P4 & 5.
Payment is made via ‘ATM’s (in coins of 50 ct, LTL 1, LTL 2 and LTL 5 and in banknotes of LTL 10, LTL 20 and LTL 50—ATMs return your change). Simply press the button & take your ticket, park your car, pay before leaving, and insert the paid ticket into the machine on your way out.
For parking information 24/7 call + 37 52 35 60 86.
Rental car counters for nine rental car agencies are located in the Arrivals area, first floor.
To get from Vilnius Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, shuttle minibus, train or bus:
(a) taxis are located at the approaches of the Arrivals Terminal.
(b) shuttle minibuses charge 4 LT.
(c) Public Bus 1 goes to the train & bus station, while Public Bus 2 goes to the city center. Fares are 1.80 LT at the newsstand, or 2.50 LT on the bus.
(d) A fully-accessible shuttle train runs between the Railway Station and the Airport (close to the passenger terminal with a sheltered pedestrian path) and takes 7 minutes. The fare is2.50 LT.
Vilnius International VNO Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Vilnius International VNO Airport Update History
- Updated VNO Airports page - May 3, 2013
- Updated VNO Food & Stores page - May 3, 2013
- Updated VNO Airport Intro page - Mar 17, 2013
- Updated VNO Direct Flights page - Mar 5, 2013