Weeze (NRN) Airport
Weeze NRN Airport Overview
Weeze Airport NRN -or 'Niederrhein (Lower Rhine) Airport' - is one of Europe’s fastest-growing Airports, and serves not only the northern part of the state of Nordrhein-Westfalen, including the Weeze area and the city of Duisburg, but also the Dutch cities of Veo, Nijmegen and Arnhem, due to its close proximity to the Dutch border. The Airport started operation in 2003, using the former military airbase RAF Laarbruch. Seven years later Airport Weeze greeted its 10 millionth passenger!
The Airport is located at the Airport Ring road (Flughafen-Ring), 3.7 km southwest of the town of Weeze, 30 miles northwest of the city of Duisburg, and only 7 km northwest of The Netherlands' city of Kevelaer and 33 km of Nijmegen. To get to the Airport by car, you can get there (a) from A57 Cologne-Dusseldorf (follow sign to Weez Airport); (b) from Ruhrgebiet via A40, A42, on A57 towards Nimwegen, use Ueden/Weez exit, then follow sign; (c) from the Netherlands take A67 via Venlo on A73 & A77 unto A57 and exit for Goch/Weeze; then follow sign.
With a long runway and an estimated to 2.2 million passengers in 2012, Weeze Airport is served mostly by low-cost airline Ryanair which offers countless destinations throughout Europe, and by Wizz . Some charter companies offer seasonal lights to popular vacation destinations.
NOTE: Passengers are urged to arrive at the Airport 2 hours prior to their scheduled departure.
Also note that Ryanair refers to Weeze Airport as 'Dusseldorf (Weeze)' - Dusseldorf is the area's largest city, but is 70 km from Weeze.
Weeze Airport has one passenger terminal. (For more information, please refer to "Terminal Map" page.)
Parking options at Weeze Airport include about 7,000 parking spaces, all of which are within walking distance to the passenger terminal.
P1 parking lot is across from the terminal; P2 is divided into two halves, the second half, farther away, costs less.
The ‘Kiss & Fly Zone’ is in front of the terminal. Take a ticket at the barrier.
To get from Weeze Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a schuttle van, a bus or a train:
1. Taxis: Mietwagen Hottgenroth (Weeze – tel: +49 (0) 28 37 - 66 55 55; Taxi Cox (Weeze – tel: +49 (0) 28 37 / 88 88); Taxi Vogt (Kevelaer – Tel: +49 (0) 28 32 / 21 21; Taxi Wolf (Goch – tel: +49 (0) 28 23 / 37 38; & Taxi Tunnissen (Goch Kassel – tel: +49 (0) 28 27 / 59 13).
2. Local train RE10 from Krefeld and Dusseldorf to Kevelaer & Weeze runs every half hour, Mon-Fri, and hourly on weekends. You can take the shuttle bus from the Airport to the train stations, running at regular intervals. The Weeze train station is only 5 minutes, and the Kevelaer train station 10 minutes away by car. For rail travel information visit bahn.de – enter as your destination ‘Weeze Terminal 1’.
3. Express buses are available hourly to Duisburg and Essen in Germany, and to Nimwegen, Venlo and Arnhem in the Netherlands. (minibuses – tel:+49 (0) 28 37 / 66 55 55).
4. A public bus to Dusseldorf's Central station leaves the aaiport about every 2 hours.
Weeze NRN Airport Update History
- NRN Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- NRN Food & Stores - Jul 8, 2013
- NRN Airlines Served - Jul 3, 2013
- NRN Official Website Links - Jun 16, 2013