Westchester County HPN Airport Overview
Westchester County Airport HPN serves both Westchester County, New York, and Fairfield County, Connecticut. Aside from offering commercial airline flights, it is also home to one of the nation’s largest fleets of corporate planes and caters to the busy executive living in affluent Westchester County north of New York City.
The Airport is located 6 miles from White Plains, (in the towns of Harrison & North Castle), New York State, close to the Connecticut border, and 33 miles north of midtown Manhattan. It is accessible via Interstate Hwys 684 (Exit 2), 287 and I-9.
With two runways and an estimated 1.7 million passengers a year, Westchester County Airport is served by six commercial airlines, offering nonstop flights to numerous U.S. cities on the eastern seaboard and beyond, with connections around the globe.
The small three-level passenger terminal at Westchester County Airport is presently undergoing renovation, during which time some food services are being curtailed. The terminal is open daily 24/7. Of its six gate spaces A through H, only C & F have jetways, and only four gates can be used during the day, while all six gates can be used early mornings and late nights.
Inside the terminal you find free WiFi access, rental car coutners, food & drink kiosks, a coffee shop, the Skytop Restaurant (tel. 914-428-025), and an ATM machine (level 2).
The baggage office near the baggage conveyor handles lost or damaged baggage if reported immediately; otherwise contact your airline.
The third level has an observation deck where you can view arriving & departing airplanes.
If you pick up an arriving passenger at HPN Airport, use the free cell phone waiting area, situated about half a mile before the passenger terminal, adjacent to Airport Road, which has an electronic message board displaying incoming flights. Stay with your car until your party has collected luggage and calls you to be picked up at the terminal's curb.
Other parking options at Westchester County Airport: The parking garage across from the terminal is open 24/7, but parking is limited and may not always be available. A new long-term parking lot has opened in March 2012. For on-airport parking information, call 914-946-0843.
Note that parking rates are high and parking facilities fill up quickly. Passengers are strongly advised to arrange for dropoff/pickup. Consider taking the AirLink Express from White Plains to the Westchester County Airport, or call 914-995-RIDE.
While rental car desks are in the terminal's arrivals hall, dropoff & pickup rental cars are parked immediately adjacent to the main terminal.
To get from Westchester County Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a limousine, a bus or the train:
1. Limousine services: Lexon Limo (888) 697-3511); ASM Limousine Service (718) 790-1312; DLC Ground Transportation Services--in the arrivals terminal directly opposite baggage claim and its curbside parking area is located just outside the terminal (914) 946-6664 or (800) 460-5520; Limousine Service of Westchester meets you at baggage claim (914) 592-8534 or (877) 878-LIMO; Settembre Limousine Service (914) 788-9198.
2. Public Buses: The Bee-Line System (914- 813-7777) offers service from from White Plains' TransCenter and the MTA Metro-North Railroad White Plain station. Its Route 12 connects the Airport with White Plains and with the campuses of SUNY Purchase and Manhattanville College. MetroCard or exact change is required (presently $2.25).
3. The MTA Metro North's train (tel. 212-532-4900) offers local & express trains from downtown White Plains' railroad station into Grand Central Station in Manhattan, or northward to Wassai Station in Dutchess County. The Bus Route 12 takes you to the Airport.
240 Airport Road
White Plains, NY 10604
- Website for Westchester County: http://airport.westchestergov.com/
- Phone: (914) 995-4850
Westchester County HPN Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Westchester County HPN Airport Update History
- Updated HPN Airport Intro page - Mar 30, 2013
- Updated HPN Airports page - Mar 30, 2013
- Updated HPN Food & Stores page - Mar 19, 2013
- Updated HPN Parking On site page - Mar 5, 2013
- Updated HPN Direct Flights page - Feb 24, 2013
- Updated HPN Taxis & Limos page - Feb 16, 2013