Guest Services at Wilkes-Barre Scranton AVP Airport
For questions about services within the airport, find one of our friendly volunteer Ambassadors at the Information Center. Information about local events, restaurants, attractions and hotels can be obtained at the Information Center near the middle entrances, on the first level of the Terminal Building. You can also call 570-602-2020 to get a 24-hour recording of general airport information.
Ambassadors are goodwill representatives of the Northeastern Pennsylvania Region, and provide high-level, courteous assistance to regional visitors passing through the new Joseph M. McDade Terminal Building.
Arcace - 'Destinations Arcade' offers Several coin operated games, as well as a change machine, are located on the second level of the Terminal
Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) - provided by Citizens Bank - in the center, first level of the Terminal.
Baggage Carts - Smarte Carte baggage carts are available for a nominal fee. They are located in the Baggage Claim Area on the first level of the Terminal Building, as well as in the Surface Parking Lot.
Conference Room- available for rent through the Administrative Offices. For additional information, including reservations and rental fees call (570) 602-2000.
Courtesy Phones - on first and second levels of the Terminal - available for receiving incoming calls, as well as in-Terminal usage only. No outside telephone calls.
Frequent Parking Program - offered to frequent flier members traveling at least 50,000 miles/year from any one airline serving the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport. Membership is required.
Free reservations/courtesy phone is available via direct line phone banks in the Baggage Claim Area.
Hotel Accommodations - Holiday Inn Express is located AT Wilkes-Barre Scranton International Airport, just off I-81 at Exit 178A, only minutes from the Pennsylvania Turnpike Northeast Extension (I-476). Featuring 100 guest rooms, including several luxury two-room suites. Free wireless High Speed Internet. Free "Express Start" breakfast, fitness center, and shuttle service.
Massages Chairs- Two locations on the second level of the Terminal Building. Rates are $1 for 3 minutes or $5 for 15 minutes.
Vending Machines - Several vending machines are on the first level of the Terminal Building, near the restrooms.
Newspaper Vending Machines - both on lower and second levels of Terminal Building
Lost & Found
USPS Pickup: 9:30 AM, Mon-Sat
USPS Pickup: 4:30 PM, Mon-Fri
FedEx Pickup: 5:30 PM, Mon-Fri
DHL Pickup: 3:45 PM, Mon-Fri
Tips for Traveling with Pets:
· First, contact your airline to find out the rules and regulations they have on pet travel.
· Do not tranquilize your pet, as the effects of tranquilizers on animals at higher altitudes can be unpredictable.
· The Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has set up rules and regulations for the transportation of live animals, and your pet is required to be at least eight weeks old and fully weaned before traveling by air.
· Whenever possible, book a direct, nonstop flight and avoid holiday or weekend travel. Try to plan schedules that minimize temperature extremes.
· The kennel that you use must be sturdy, properly ventilated, and large enough for your pet to freely be able to stand, turn around and lie down.
· Get your pet comfortable with the kennel prior to flying; this reduces stress on your pet.
· Give your pet food and water within four hours before your flight. You will have to sign a certification of the time when you last offered food and water to your pet.
Give yourself plenty of time for check-in so there is no rushing and everything is done properly