Zagreb Franjo Tudman Airport ZAG
(named after a former President) and hereafter referred to as 'ZFTA'
serves Croatia's capital city Zagreb and its surrounding areas. The Airport is operated by ZAIC (Zagreb Airport International Company.
ZFTA is located a few kilometers north of Velika Gorica on State Road D408, and 15 km south of the city of Zagreb, with connections to motorways A1, A2 & A3. A new rail line alongside the eastern bypass of Velica Gorica extends from Zagreb across the Homeland Bridge and creating a new east entrance into the city.
With a long runway and 2.8million passengers in 2016, Zagreb Airport is hub for Croatia Airlines and is currently served by Turkish, Croatia, Qatar & Aeroflot airlines - offering direct flights within Europe, with connections to all points of the globe.
ZFTA Airport now has a new passenger terminal
- opened March 28, 2017 - with two levels (replacing the old terminal). While it now accommodates 3.5M passengers, it is designed to accommodate 5 million passenges annually and accommodate 5M passengers.
- The ground level is the Arrivals level, which houses the baggage claim, Customs, PRM point, currency exchange, tourist information center, rental car countes, ATM, press shopgreen-edged tag, baggage carts, food & drink, toilets (including for limited mobility), baby care, parking cashier front desk. International remote departure/ arrivals gates are at west side, while domestic remote departure and arrivals gates areat east side - reached by escalators.
- The upper level - reached by escalators/elevators, houses the passport control, leading (west to east) to international arrivals, and near the east end to domestic arrivals.
Current Lounges at ZFTA (still at the old terminal??)
- Business Lounge 'Zrinjevac'
- VIP Lounge, with conference facilities;
- DinersClub International Airport Lounge;
- Premium Club
For more information
call 385 1 4562 170 or e-mail to info@mziz-zagre -airport.hr