Manchester Airport Overview
Manchester Airport MAN (at UK) serves the counties of Chester & Lancaster in northwest England, and the City of Manchester situated between them. It is U.K.'s third-largest Airport and first-largest outside of London, has the highest Category 10 rating to handle Code F aircraft, and is able to handle the Airbus A380. Manchester Airport is operated by public Manchester Airports Group Plc (MAG).
MAN Airport is located at Ringway, on the southern fringe of Greater Manchester, 14 km southwest of the city center - accessible via the M56 motorway, at Junction 5, as well as by train (Manchester Airport station is located between passenger terminals 1 & 2).
With two long runways and over 25 million passengers annually, Manchester Airport is hub to BMI, EasyJet, Flybe, Jet2.com and some charter airlines, and is served by a multitude of major domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe.
- Arriving British, EEA, Switzerland or Liechtenstein passengers with a biometric passport can use one of the five e-Passport gates - simply use back of passport with the chipped section.
- Visa requirements for travelers from India: travelers on business & other eligible visitors from India will now be able to visit both the UK and Ireland (North & South Ireland) - moving freely between the two countries on a single visa.
- A FastTrack security lane is now available, making security check time shorter. (not available to arriving passengers from within UK, or from Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands)
- Radisson SAS Hotel, with elevated covered walkway to T1, T2 & T3
- Bewley's Hotel, a five-minute walk to T1 & T3
- Crowne Plaza Hotel inside the Airport complex.
Manchester Airport has three terminals - T1, T2 & T3. For Terminal details at this site open ‘Terminal Map’ and scroll down to the text; for ground transportation open ‘Ground Transportation: /Buses & Trains.
Airport Recent News
- Manchester Airport is undertaking a phased 1 Billion Br. Pound 'enhancement' project - to be completed by 2025 - including around 60 different upgrades for state-of-the-art airline & passenger facilities. It aims to create a 'future-proofed' airport environment with greater flexibility & resilience to cater to evolving airline & security needs:
- T2's expansion by 140 percent will make it the Airport's primary terminal.
- T3 improvements will result in more passengers & flights.
- New & enlarged airside transfer facilities include direct link between T2 & T3.
- US pre-clearance facility allows departing passengers to the U.S. to clear immigration & customs.
- A new security hall with updated technology makes for faster passenger screening.
- Self-service check-in facilities and 50 food & drink and retail outlets will be added.
- New stands & piers will have better departure gate facilities.
- Upgraded access road system improve Airport traffic
M90 1QX, UK
Phone: 0808 168 6111
Our holiday details say we leave from Terminal 1 and [more]S Shackleton 01/09/2018
from terminal 3 to terminal 2
how much does this costdave 11/28/2017
Rental Car Pickup
Where do I pickup and drop off a rental car at the Ma [more]*** 03/19/2017
Terminal to los angeles
I i am flying from manchester to los angeles. Which [more]Eishields 12/07/2016