Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport consists of two terminals named the Barbara Jordan Terminal and the South Terminal. The two terminals are linked by means of a shuttle service that runs at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport at regular intervals. South Terminal cannot be accessed once you have entered the Barbara Jordan Terminal of the AUS Airport.
Barbara Jordan Terminal
Designed by the Austin firm of Page Southerland Page with associate architect Gensler, the Barbara Jordan Terminal is the original terminal serving the airport since it opened in 1999.
It is a two-leveled structure along with a Mezzanine level.
The lower level is the Baggage Claim level, housing baggage carousels 1-7, with carousel 3 for oversized baggage. There is Smart Carte at carousel 6 and 2, and vending machines near carousel 3. AUS Lost and Found can be found towards the far east of the terminal and on the far west, there is a desk for Customs and International Arrivals. At the entrance, there are columns for passenger pickups lettered A to M from the east to the west. Near column J you will find an ATM, while an Information Desk and Phone service is available near columns G and D.
The upper level is the Check-in level and houses the airline ticket counters. These are separated into East and West check-in counters, and each leads up to their specific airline gates. There are three security checkpoints, two on the east and one on the west.
The East ticket counters and gates are detailed as follows: AeroMexico at Gates 1-6; British Airways at Gates 2, 3, and 6; Delta Airlines at Gates 5, 7, 9, and 11; Norweigian Gates at 2, 3, and 6; Southwest Airlines at Gates 14-21; Spirit Airlines at Gates 1-6 and 11; Sun Country at Gates 1-6, 22, and 34; and WestJet at Gates 1-6, 22, and 34.
The West ticket counters and gates are detailed as follows: Air Canada at Gates 22 and 32-34; Alaska at Gates 1-6, 22, and 34; American Airlines at Gates 23, 24, 26, 30, and 32; JetBlue Airways at Gates 12; Lufthansa at Gates 2, 3, and 6; United Airlines at Gates 25, 27, 29, 31, and 33.
A secondary terminal at AUS, the South Terminal is accessed only from the southern boundary of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport campus. It is served by Frontier and Allegiant airlines.
Ther services and amenities inside the South Terminal include charging stations, restrooms, WiFi, and outdoor seating in addition to the ones available at the Departures lounge.
Maps, Airlines & Amenities
Austin Bergstrom Airport (AUS) Terminals
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around the AUS airport. Some notable shops and restaurants include Cafe Medici (Gate 9), Briggo Coffee (Gate 17), and the Austin Chronicle (Gate 10) inside the Barbara Jordan Terminal. Inside the South Terminal, there is a Food Truck where you can get food items on the go.
The security checkpoints at the AUS airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the two terminal areas and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport Security Wait Times Page.
International Arrivals & Transfers
The Barbara Jordan Terminal is the main terminal which handles all international flights. Travelex currency exchange can be found in the Barbara Jordan Terminal beside Gate 6 or across from Gate 23. To expedite the entre of arriving international passengers, there are self-service Automated Passport Control Kiosks available. For more information about this terminal, please scroll up.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- Review your ground transportation requirements before arriving at the airport
- There are shuttle services available at the airport connecting the two terminals
- Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time
- Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport
- For drop off and ticketing at the Barbara Jordan terminal, head straight to the upper level
- To expedite the entre of arriving international passengers, there are self-service Automated Passport Control Kiosks available
- There are three security checkpoints within the airport
- When traveling with kids:
- Bring a car seat, stroller, and bassinet
- Check in to the AUS Airpot family area if needed
- When traveling with pets or other animals:
- Review the airline policies beforehand
- Do not overfeed your pets before the flight
- Tag your animal carriers with proper contact information in case your pets get lost within the airport
- All pets are to remain inside the carries in the terminals, except for service animals
- Use the Pet Relief Areas if required
- In case of lost items:
- Call your airline for lost items inside the aircraft, departure lounge, or at the ticket counters
- Call 512-530-LOST (5678) for lost items elsewhere at the AUS Airport