Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Baltimore/Washington International Airport has a two-level passenger Main Terminal - with Concourses A through E. Concourse E is the International Terminal. The terminal is shaped like a horseshoe, surrounding parking & transportation facilities in the center. The entrance to the Baltimore airport terminal is under Skywalk A. The tip of the west side houses an international ticketing area with access to E gates. More information about BWI Terminals can be found below.
Getting Around the Airport
Arriving by ICC Bus Route 201 from the Gaithersburg Park & Ride Lot at I-270 & MD 124, the 201 bus stops at Concourses A and E (International terminal), dropping off passengers on the upper level and picking up passengers on the lower level.
Arriving at the Hourly Parking Garage, use the underground tunnel connecting to the Main Terminal, or use one of the Skywalks:
- Skywalks A, B & D from hourly Garage level 6 lead to ticketing level and Concourses A/B, C & D, (or use the tunnel);
- Walkway E leads from hourly Garage level 5 to international ticketing and Concourse E.
- The tunnel on level 1 leads to ticketing level and Concourse C.
To get to the BWI Concourses, use Skywalk A or B for A Concourse, use Skywalk B for B Concourse, use Skywalk B, D or the Tunnel to C Concourse, use Skywalk D to D Concourse, and use Skywalk E to E Concourse.
No shuttle services are needed between the Main Terminal and the Concourses. Unless you arrive on an international flight, you can proceed to your next Concourse and gate. A secure B/C Connector is between Concourses A,B,C & C,D,E.
The Upper Level of the Main Terminal is the departure & ticketing level, surrounded by Concourses A through E.
The Lower Level of the Main Terminal is the arrivals & baggage claim level. Past the USO lounge is the International Arrivals with customs, information desk and light rail access. The outside of the lower level is surrounded by the following modes of transportation stops: light rail, shuttles to BWI parking garages and to Amtrak & MARC trains, MTA buses, airport Shuttle services, Taxi stands & limousines and rental car shuttles.
Amenities & Services in the Main BWI Terminal and Concourses include:
- Food & drink and retail concessions
- Customer Service Center (upper level near Concourse D)
- USO International Gateway Lounge ( next to baggage claim 14, at lower level)
- Information desks (tel. 800-I-FLY-BWI)
- Meditation room is between Concourses E & D, and adjacent to international ticketing
- Fitness: BWI Cardio Trail is in the Main Terminal, while 'ROAM Fitness is near gate D1
Additional services: Conference room (410-859-7394) internet access with option of free or paid premium service), ATM cash machines, M&T Bank, mail boxes, UPS & FedEx drop, tax & duty-free shop at Concourse E; Currency Exchange near Concourse C, and an Observation Gallery. Charging stations in the A/B baggage claim areas and in the International Terminal's seating lounge are able to charge simultaneously up to ten electronic devices.
Concourse information can be found below.
Serve gates A1- A15 and B1-B15. Concourse A has the most food & drink & retail offers of all concourses. A 4-lane security checkpoint on the lower level of Concourse A/B provides access to all of Concourses A & B gates. Curbside check-in is available at Concourse B.
Serves gates C1-C14. Concourse C is connected to Concourse A/B via the B/C connector.
Serves gates D1-D29. It houses the AirSpace Lounge, accessible to all passengers at a daily fee. Concourse D has an ATM machine, children's play area, charging stations, shoeshine, food & drink and some retail outlets.
The Baltimore airport International Terminal serves gates E1-E8. It handles all international arrivals from Airports without U.S. pre-clearance facilities. Concourse E houses restaurants, a newsstand and a tax & duty-free shop. The British Airways Chesapeake Club Lounge near its entrance (a common-use lounge available to passengers of all international concourse airlines).
- All-access lounge - BWI Club - is available to all passengers (with a day pass at about $20) offers free food & drink, work stations & WiFi access. Cost is $40 per day
- The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine ranked BWI as Number One Airport for Healthy Meals!
- Passengers may stretch their legs between long layovers at walking paths inside the terminal, as well as at the 12.5 mile scenic outdoor trail encircling Airport property.
- R&R Seafood Bar - open 4am-9pm - offers a dining experience with a raw bar & a made-to-order menu of Maryland's local seafood.