BGR Airport is only 3 miles west of the city of Bangor, Penobscot Country -in the heart of Maine - and off Interstate Hwy. 95.
With a long runway and 492,000 passengers in 2016, Bangor International Airport is served by major airlines, offering year-round and seasonal direct flights to East Coast cities, with worldwide connections.
Airport contact: toll-free 1-866-359-2264; fax 207-945-3607
The Four Points By Sheraton Bangor Airport Hotel (tel.207-947-6721 or 1-800-368-7764) is connected to the Airport and shares its parking parking facilities.
The new Maine Troop Greeters Appreciaton Pavilion is at the far end of the Sheraton hotel building.
The passenger terminal at Bangor Airport: Recent completion of its $8M Terminal Upgrade Project included renovation of the terminal's first level to speed up check-in & baggage security process by relocating icket counters, opening more queuing space, adding windows at front for more natural light, replacing light fixtures & flooring, & adding wood finish for a 'Maine feel' - while TSA's baggage screening moved behind the wall. A conveyor belt now takes bags from ticket counters to the in-line screening process. There is a new ticketing and passenger check-in center (with video boards) and a new baggage scanning system. Former bathrooms & TSA/Bangor Police offices on the ground level gave way to windows for natural light.
The terminal is divided into a Domestic area occupying levels 1 and 2, and an International Arrivals area occupying part of level 2.
Level 1, reached from Godfrey Blvd., houses rental car and customer service counters for domestic airlines, an Information point for Arrivals & Departures; a baggage claim area, dataports and escalator to level 2. After security screening you get to gate 1.
Level 2, offers the Red Baron Lounge, an ATM, coffee shop, newsstand and 'Grasshopper Shop', with access to security screening and Gates 2A, 2B & 3. Before security check, to the right, is access to the International terminal.
The International Arrivals area offers 24-hour access to U.S. Customs, Immigration, Agriculture, Public Health and Animal/Plant quarantine services. Itis designed to handle clearing flights with capability of 1,000 persons per hour. Passengers with destinations outside of the U.S., who will not be clearing customs at Bangor, can use the spacious and secure International Transit Lounge - located inside the International Arrivals Terminal - featuring a glass-enclosed smoking lounge, a child play center & diaper changing stations, and duty free shop.
- Arriving passengers will make a right to the baggage claim & rental car counters, and thereafter exit at the south end of the terminal - preventing passengers coming/going from criss-crossing.
Current airlines serving the Terminal:
- American - tel. 1-800-428-4322 (to LaGuardia LGA, Philadelphia PHL, & Washington Reagan DCA;
- Allegiant - tel. 207-992-4629 (to Sanford/Orlando & Tampa/St. Petersburg).
- Delta - tel. 1-800-221-1212 (to LaGuardia LGA, Philadelphia PHL, & Washington Reagan DCA;
- United - tel. 800-864-8331 (to Newark and Chicago ORD).
Transportation: Aside from rental cars, taxis, limos or hotel shuttles, public buses are also available:
- Concord Trailways buses run between Main & Boston, stopping only at principal cities. Tel: 207-945-400 or 800-639-3317
- Concord Trailways also serves the mid-coast region--Searsport, Belfast, Lincolnville, Camden, Rockport, Rockland, Waldoboro, Damariscotta, Wiscasset, Bath, and Brunswick. The Concord Trailways station is next to the airpot - 0.75 miles from the terminal - cabs will take you thee.
- Cyr Bus Line offers scheduled services between Bangor & Caribou. For more information call 800-894-3355 or 2o07-942-1700 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greyhound offers summer services to Bar Harbor/Acadia region. The Greyhound station is at Downtown Bangor at 158 Main Street (tel. 207-942-1700 or 800-894-3355.
Transportation: The Bar Harbor to Bangor Shuttle (207-479-5911 - or visit: www.barharborbangorshuttle.com) serves Greyhound & Concord Trailways bus terminals, as well as the Bangor Mall.
- BAT (Bangor area transport of Bangor) (207-992-4670/ fax 945-4992) makes frequent stops at the Airport and offers transport throughout Bangor, Old Town, Veazie, Orono, and Hampden.
- Concord Trailways (207-945-4000 - or visit: concordcoachlines.com) is at 1039 Union Street - next to the Airport, about a mile from the terminal -reached by foot or taxi - and provides express service to Boston, also has a bus service to the mid-coast towns.
- Cyr Bus (207-827-2335 or 1-800-244-2335 or email email@example.com) runs between Bangor & Caribou.
- West's Coastal Connection (207-546-2823 or 1-800-596-2823 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org) stops at Airport daily at 1:15 & departs at 3:15pm to Calais, with stops at Ellsworth, Machias & Perry (and makes various flag stops).
Greyhound Lines - tel. 207-942-1700 or 945-3000, or 1-800-894-3355 - located at 18 Main St. in downtown Bangor - reached by cab or city bus.