Guest Services at Lexington Blue Grass LEX Airport
The Information Center is in the lobby of the passenger terminal, on level 1 - tel: 859.425.3114. It provides general airport and flight information, paging services, travel assistance, notary services, postage stamps and fax and copy services. The Center has flight guides, airport newsletters, foreign language guides and wireless internet brochures.
A Children's Play Area is on level 1 of the Terminal, in the Lobby.
Important Airport Telephone Numbers:
Airport Administration 859.425.3100
Lost & Found 859.425.3113
Parking (short term, long term) 859.255.0063
Parking (valet) 859.389.8008
TDD (Hearing Impaired) 859.425.3127
Lost & Found
If you lost an item at any of the common areas of the Airport, call 859-425-3112.
Tips for Traveling with Pets:
· First, contact your airline to find out the rules and regulations they have on pet travel.
· Do not tranquilize your pet, as the effects of tranquilizers on animals at higher altitudes can be unpredictable.
· The Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has set up rules and regulations for the transportation of live animals, and your pet is required to be at least eight weeks old and fully weaned before traveling by air.
· Whenever possible, book a direct, nonstop flight and avoid holiday or weekend travel. Try to plan schedules that minimize temperature extremes.
· The kennel that you use must be sturdy, properly ventilated, and large enough for your pet to freely be able to stand, turn around and lie down.
· Get your pet comfortable with the kennel prior to flying; this reduces stress on your pet.
· Give your pet food and water within four hours before your flight. You will have to sign a certification of the time when you last offered food and water to your pet.
· Give yourself plenty of time for check-in so there is no rushing and everything is done properly