Note that Ventra payment cards for both CTA and Pace transport systems are now available at Ventra Vending ticket machines. (For more information visit: www.VentraChicago.com or call 877-NOW-VENTRA).
By Subway or Train : As many of the train line tracks are being worked on, it is important to open the CTA web site for current updates at: http://www.transitchicago.com for red, brown, green, orange, purple, pink or yellow lines.
- By Subway: CTA ‘L’ Blue Line (Airport to Forest Park) depart underground of Terminal 5 leading to Chicago's Loop, and you can reach the station from the lower level of Terminal 2 or take the ATS transit system.. For more information open: http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/?source_quicklinks=1
- By Train: Metra North Central commuter trains stop at the O’Hare Transfer station, located next to Parking Lot F (at NE side of the Airport), which connects to the Airport Transit System by a shuttle bus. For current Metra train service open: http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home.html.
(Proposed O'Hare Airport Express Rail Service: CDA & the O'Hare Express Blue Ribbon Committee point to their new website: www.ordexpressrail.com.
- Go Airport Express offers daily dooor-to-door service to most city and suburban neihborhoods. Service starts early morning, departing every 10-15 minutes from each terminal. Pickup: shuttle pickup outside of Baggage Claim area in innernovst lane of lower level roadways of Domestic & International Terminals'; call 1-888-284-3826 . Advanced notice strongly suggested.
- Local Pace Buses depart the Airport to different city locations (open: www.pacebus.com/sub/schedules/bus_n_fly.asp )
- Regional buses offer routes between the Airport and certain Indiana, Iowa & Wisconsin areas (details are available at: www.flychicago.com/OHare/EN/GettingToFrom/Regional_Buses/Pages/Regional-Buses.aspx.
Transfer from O'Hare Airport to Midway Airport: (For CTA transportation open site at : transitchicago.com/travel_information/trip_planner.aspx )
- Coach USA Tri State/United Limo (tel. 1-800-248-8747 or open site at: coachusa.com/tristateunitedlimo/ss.ohareairport.asp ) departs hourly from early morning to late evening, at Level 1 of the Main Garage (at the the Bus Shuttle Center) and will take about an hour for transfer. Pickup: Bus/Shuttle Center on Level 1 of Main Parking Garage.
- Cheapest transfer: Take the CTA's Blue Line train departing from O'Hare Station at T2's lower level - getting off at the Clark/Lake Station in downtown Chicago & transfering to the Orange Line to Midway (no transfer charge) - getting off at Midway Station. While this is the most economical option - allow for two hours travel time.
Other regional train and bus information may be obtained by going to the website for the Chicago Area Regional Transportation Authority.
Future Transportation developments:
- The CTA BlueLine overhaul project, ongoing until year-end 2018, involves 12 miles of track & is to reduce transfer time O'Hare to Downtown to ten minutes.
- Project O'Hare Express Rail Service to downtown: The engineering team selected is to analize and develop conceptual designs. Contract bid for final design, construction & financing is due to be awarded in 2017.