Cleveland Hopkins Airport is an international public airport in Cleveland, Ohio. It is owned by the City of Cleveland and operated by the Cleveland Department of Port Control.
CLE covers an area of 1,717 acres (695 ha). It is located 9 miles (14 km) southwest of downtown Cleveland and adjacent to the Glenn Research Center.
Airport Stats & Facts
- Cleveland Hopkins Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Ohio.
- CLE is the 43rd-busiest airport in the United States by passenger numbers.
- Cleveland was the first airport to employ a two-level terminal design separating arrivals from departures.
- The airport offers non-stop passenger service to 54 destinations with 174 average daily departures.
- In 2018, Airports Council International ranked Cleveland Hopkins the most improved North American airport.
Maps, Airlines & Amenities
Cleveland Hopkins Airport (CLE) Terminals
Airport Traveling Tips
- To account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays, passengers are advised to arrive at least 1 hour before a domestic flight and 2 hours before an international flight departure.
- Please take a look at the Cleveland Airport Map, before heading to the airport for a flight.
- For any queries, passengers can visit the Airport Information Desk, located in the main terminal, on the ticketing level near the Central Security Checkpoint.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- City taxis and limos are permitted to use the upper and lower roadways for pick-up and drop-off.
- A new drop-off area at the north end of the baggage claim accommodates all hotel and off-site parking shuttles.
- For arriving flights: Arriving Flight Status provides Cleveland airport arrival times, delays, time-to-land, and gate info.
- For departing flights: Departing Flight Status lists actual vs scheduled departure times, flight delays, map tracking, and CLE airport gate info.
- To get the best fares at Cleveland International Airport, book a flight at CLE.
Cleveland Hopkins Airport has one passenger terminal with 2 levels and 4 concourses. For additional information, and to see the terminal location, please refer to the CLE Terminal Map.
Originally known as North concourse, it was opened in 1957 and rebuilt in 1978-79.
It was built in 1954 and rebuilt in 1982-83.
Originally known as "South Concourse", it opened in 1969 and was renovated in 1992.
It was built in 1999 and has been vacant since 2014. all operations are consolidated to Concourse C.
The various airlines served at Cleveland Hopkin Airport include Allegiant Air, JetBlue, Frontier Airlines, United Airlines, Delta Connection, United Express, Delta Air Lines, and more.
Short-term and Long-term Parking:
Parking at CLE Airport is available onsite. From Red Lot to blue Lot to Brown lot, plus more, there are several parking options at Cleveland Hopkins Airport.
Many parking lots offer affordable off-site parking near CLE Airport. Most of the off-site parking lots allow 24/7 access.
After arriving at the airport, passengers have several options for ground transport to their next destination. Some of the transportation options include airport shuttles, car rentals, buses, and trains. In addition, many passengers also utilize ride services like Uber, Lyft, and taxis.
Car Rentals are a breeze at CLE. There are multiple car rental agencies onsite at the airport. Hertz, Enterprise, National, and other well-known car rental providers offer airport travelers a large variety of vehicles to choose from.
Buses & Trains:
Public transportation is available from the airport to all major areas nearby.
- RTA's Red Line provides regular service between CLE and downtown Cleveland via the Tower City Station. The trip takes less than 30 minutes,
- and trains depart from CLE every 15 minutes for the majority of the day.
Airport Shuttle Services are a great way to travel from Cleveland Hopkins Airport. With the availability of various shuttle and van services, you can get a ride to almost any nearby location.
Amenities & Services
To help you enjoy your stay, Cleveland Hopkins Airport provides visitors with many different amenities and services including:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Shoeshine stations and massage bars.
- Currency Exchange.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the entire airport.
Address: 5300 Riverside Drive, Cleveland, OH 44135, USA
Phone: (216) 265 6000
Cleveland Hopkins Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- Founded in 1925, the airport was the first municipality-owned facility of its kind in the United States.
- In 1951, the airport was named after its founder, former city manager William R. Hopkins, on his 82nd birthday.
- In 1992, the airport completed a $50 million renovation of Concourse C, which housed all of Continental's flights.
- In 1999, the airport completed an $80 million expansion that included the construction of the new Concourse D, which is now closed though.
- In 2010, Continental and United Airlines announced that they would merge their operations.
- On February 1, 2014, United announced that the airline would shut down its hub at CLE.
- In 2015, the airport moved the pick-up and drop off location for most shuttles to the former limo lot.
Can one exchange currency at CLE before security check-in? What days and hours is currency exchange available? Is the service cash-for-cash or credit card for cash?
Asked by Cynthia - Mon, 10 October
We didn't find a currency exchange available at this airport.
I left my luggage at southwest Nearest carousel yesterday. How do I claim it?
Asked by Mary - Tue, 4 October
Please contact Southwest at 800-435-9792 for assistance.
Where is parking when waiting for arrivals?
Asked by Diane Sheffer - Tue, 27 September
The cell phone waiting lot is located just off of Jackson Road east of the airport and is the best place to wait for arrivals.
Is Concourse A connected to Concourse C?
Asked by Anton Kovacevic - Sun, 18 September
Yes, they are both located in one building.
Can I get a shuttle to my gate, can't walk very far?
Asked by DALE KEIRNS - Mon, 29 August
You can contact your airlines directly for any accessibility questions/requests.
What car rental companies are located at/in the airport?
Asked by Lori - Sun, 17 July
The car rental companies that the airport authorizes are Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, and Thrifty. The rental car facility is located off airport grounds at 19601 Maplewood Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44135 and there is a shuttle that runs from the facility to the airport.
How do I find my baggage when arriving in Cleveland?
Asked by Michael jude Beauchemin - Wed, 29 June
You can contact your airlines directly with any baggage questions.
Is there a lot of parking spots at the airport?
Asked by Dave - Tue, 14 June
There are 5 different parking options available at CLE.
What does it cost for parking with a handicapped permit?
Asked by Sharon - Wed, 1 June
The parking fees are the same even with a handicapped permit, it just depends on which lot you are parking in.
Can I exchange US dollars for euros at the airport ?
Asked by Shelby - Sat, 21 May
Where do I check in and drop off rental car?
Asked by Catherine - Sat, 21 May
You would need to go to 19601 Maplewood Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44135 to check in and drop off your rental car. It is separate from the airport but there is a shuttle that will take you to the airport when you are done.
Where do I pick up my rental car?
Asked by Claire - Sat, 21 May
The airport's rental car facility is located at this address:19601 Maplewood Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44135.
Where is Frontier?
Asked by Gaty - Sat, 21 May
Frontier Airlines is located in Concourse A.
Where is the Dunkin Donuts?
Asked by KP - Sat, 14 May
Dunkin is located in the Main Terminal Food Court and is open 24 hours a day.
What's the address of this airport?
Asked by Claire - Sat, 14 May
The address is: 5300 Riverside Dr, Cleveland, OH 44135.
Where do I rent a car?
Asked by Kea - Sat, 30 April
There's a consolidated rental car facility located off the airport grounds. You can take a shuttle from the main terminal to there, just follow signs for rental cars.
Where are baggage carts located close to the baggage carousel?
Asked by Gweneth - Mon, 4 April
Smarte Cartes are located in the elevator lobby on levels 1 and 3 of the hourly/daily garage, and on level 3 inside the connector bridge adjacent to the elevator lobby in the long term garage.
Does Southwest have a counter in baggage claim for lost luggage?
Asked by Jill - Mon, 4 April
Not that we can tell. You need to contact Southwest directly about any lost or delayed luggage. Good luck.
Is there a Cellphone Lot?
Asked by Nyle - Fri, 4 March
Yes, there is a Cellphone Lot located just east of the airport off of Jackson Road.
Does the airport has smoking area?
Asked by Myria - Fri, 25 February
Yes, the designated smoking areas are marked outside of the main terminal on the ticketing level.
Which Terminal does Air Canada use?
Asked by Michael - Mon, 21 February
Can I exchange dollars for euros at the airport?
Asked by LInda - Thu, 17 February
Currency exchange is no longer available in the airport. In any case, it is best to use an ATM in the country you are visiting or use an off-airport location to get the best exchange rates.
Are you open at the lost and found. I called but got no answer.
Asked by Clarence D. Hinkle - Wed, 16 February
For items lost at a Security Checkpoint, call 216.362.4231. For everything else, Lost & Found is open Mon-Fri 4:30AM–4:30PM. You can call 216.265.0777.
How do I access a wheelchair or cart for my husband?
Asked by Margie Kaminski - Tue, 15 February
Travelers should contact their selected airline for assistance if they wish to have wheelchair service while in the terminal. Also, on each of the four concourses as well as the baggage claim of the main terminal, wheelchair-accessible restrooms are available.
What are the hours for TSA?
Asked by Elanie - Thu, 10 February
TSA security screening hours vary, you can find more detailed information including wait times at the CLE TSA Wait Times page.