Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) is the primary airport serving the Cleveland metropolitan area. As a traveler, one of the most important aspects of air travel is airport security. On this page we will provide you with information about security at Cleveland Airport, including wait times, security checkpoints, and the types of lanes available.
Get CLEAR Expedited Security at Cleveland Airport!
CLE airport features CLEAR expedited security screening. Joining CLEAR will save you time and stress in Cleveland security lines. CLEAR counters are located in the Center and South checkpoints.
In partnership with iFly, CLEAR is offering a 2 month free promotion. **NEW** You can add up to 3 other family members to the 2 month trial (siblings, parents, aunts/uncles, etc.). It only takes a minute to sign up! ***LIMITED TIME PROMOTION***
Checkpoint hours are as follows:
- Central Checkpoint Hours: 4:00AM - 6:00PM
- South Checkpoint Hours: 4:00AM - 6:00PM
- North Checkpoint Hours: As Needed
Maps, Airlines & Amenities
Cleveland Hopkins Airport (CLE) Terminals
Helpful Tips & Resources
iFly.com can help you get to, through, and between airports around the world. Here are some things you may need to know that can help you on your journey specific to CLE:
- Once you get through security, pull up the interactive terminal map to navigate to your gate, and see all the restaurant and shopping options along the way.
- Remember that a great low-cost alternative to parking within the airport facility is to use on off-airport parking lot. They offer lower costs, a bit further away from the terminals. Reserve here.
- If you have some time before your flight's departure, be sure to grab a bite, peruse the shops, or jump on the free wifi and get caught up on those emails.
- Lose something while in the terminal area? Find the contact info you need for lost & found here.
- If your flight is arriving to the airport from another city and need a quick way to get to your destination, give a call to one of these taxi or limo service providers.
About CLE Security Wait Times
Security wait times at Cleveland Hopkins Airport are approximate and can vary based on several factors including severe weather, TSA staffing, airport construction, etc.
CLE TSA wait time forecasts are made leveraging flight volume data and TSA staffing models. Using advanced data science, wait times for Cleveland Airport are projected, that barring extreme outliers, are within five minutes in accuracy, as validated by large US airlines. The TSA urges all travelers to arrive at the airport well in advance of scheduled flight departures and has provided security checkpoint wait time information as a guide to assist in travel planning. Please be sure to check with your airline for ticket counter wait times as well as possible changes to flight schedules, as these and other factors influence your decision regarding how early to arrive at CLE. Please be aware that each airline has a recommended arrival time and even stricter required arrival times.
All airlines require that you arrive at the check-in counter, the flight's departure gate and even onboard and in your assigned seat a prescribed amount of time before the flight's scheduled departure time. The amount of the advance arrival time required varies depending on the airline you are using. Most airlines' conditions of carriage state that with many of their tickets, failure to arrive at the check-in counter, the flight's departure gate and your assigned seat a prescribed amount of time before the flight's scheduled departure time may cause you to be denied boarding and cause you to forfeit any refund or other compensation due for the unused ticket even if you have advance seat assignments and advance boarding passes.