Public MCTS buses: Milwaukee County Transit System (tel. 414-344-6711 or visit: www.ridemcts.com): Buses stop outside of baggage claim, exit 1. A bus map with real-time arrival is near baggage carousel 1.
- The 'Bayshore-Airport Green Line serves the Bayshore Town Center and connecsts to the Bayshore/ Whitefish Bay area to UWM, to Milwaukee's east side, & to Walker's Point. (For timetable open: http://ridemcts.com/Routes-Schedules/Routes/GreenLine/#Weekday)/
- MCTS Route 80 stops on center island outside of the Baggage Claim Exit 1. It connects to downtown Milwaukee and the MATC campus in Oak Creek, including stops at Mitchell Street Shopping Center.
Private Buses: (stop outside of baggage claim, Exit 5).
- Coach USA* tel. 262-542-8861 - serves Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, and Kenosha Counties, and O'Hare Airport.
- Badger Coaches tel. 414-276-7490 - serve Johnson Creek and Madison--414-276-7490.
- Lamers Coaches tel. 1-800-261-6600 - serve Wausau, Stevens Point, Waupaca, Appleton, Oshkosh, Fond du Lac and Milwaukee.
Train connections: The Milwaukee Airport Rail Station (with automated parking facilities), is located along the western edge of the Airport , at 5601 S. 6th Street, and is accessible via a free shuttle bus to/from the Airport; shuttle pickup is outside the rail station's main entrance and outside baggage claim door 4 at the airport. The Rail Station utilizes Amtrak's Hiawatha service, which provides service between downtown Milwaukee's Intermodal Station and Chicago's Union Station, with stops at the Airport, at Sturtevant in Wisconsin, and at Glenview in Illinois.
- For Amtrak call 800-872-7245; for Hiawatha timetable, open www.amtrakhiawatha.com/documents/Amtrak_W23.pdf
- For Milwaukee Railroad Station information open www.wisconsindot.gov/pages/travel/ril/mars.aspx
* Transfer from General Mitchell Airport to O'Hare Airport: Take Coach USA (see Private Buses above).