By Car & Van Service: Airlink N.Y. 877-599-8200; ASl County Express 800-914-4223; Super Shuttle Long Island 800-742-9824; All County Express 800-914-4223; Connecticut Limo 800-472-5466;
Uber Black & UberX chauffeur-driven Cars to Manhattan:
Uber Black is a chauffeur-driven business-car service with a flat one-way fare of $100 (plus toll costs of $5.33 if taking the Queens Midtown Tunnel) - no credit chard surcharges, no tipping - taking on average one hour.
UberX provides less fancy cars (like Toyotas or Hondas) and charges $60 plus tolls for one way - tipping optional.
The Uber app is also handy for sharing a car with another traveler at $36 each.
For free download of 'MyTransitGuide' open: http://free.mytransitguide.com/index.jhtml?partner=^BNH^xdm017&gclid=COmFgejklcgCFYVAaQod4uEM-w
By Train Service: The Airtrain which stops at every terminal and divides at Federal Circle station (for rental cars, hotel & cargo area shuttles) into two separate routes - the Jamaica & the Howard Beach Routes. (The Howard Beach Route has one stop in between at Lefferts Blvd. for long-term parking A, Kiss & Fly, and NYC Buses B15, Q10 .
A. The most economical way to get from the Airport to your destination:
AirTrain JFK and MTA Subways together currently cost $7.75, which includes the $5 AirTrain and the $2.75 MTA subway fare. A $1 new-card fee applies to new MetroCard purchases from the vending machines. However, MetroCard refills and those bought from authorized merchants do not charge the extra $1. MetroCard merchants are near entance/exit to stations of Jamica & Howard Beach.
Destinations, Connections & estimated travel time:
- to Midtown Manhattan's NY Penn Station at West 34th St, with connections to E Subway at Jamaica Station - 50 minutes.
- to Lower Manhattan below West 14th St, with connection to A Subway at Howard Beach Station - 60 minutes
- to Upper Manhattan, West 125th St, with connection to E Subway at Jamaica Station. In Manhattan transfer to subwy or bus for final destination - 75 minutes
- to Southern Queens & Northern Brooklyn: use J or Z Subway at Jamaica Station - 50 minutes.
B. The faster way to Manhattan via AirTrain and Long Island Railroad (LIRR):
To Manhattan's West side (Penn Station) and Queens, with connection to Long Island Rail Road at Jamaica Station takes 35 minutes and costs $15 (including $5 AirTrain fee and LIRR peak time fare).
By Bus Service:
- The NYC Airporter Bus, tel. 718-777-5111 runs every 30 minutes and stops at Grand Central Station. For online tickets visit: www.NYCAirporter.com.
- Borough of Queens buses B15, Q3 & Q10 stop at the arrivals roadway of Terminal 5:
- Q10 connects to the A-line subway station at Lefferts Blvd., and to E & F subway lines at Kew Gardens;
- Q3 bus connects 169th St. & Hillside Ave. for NYC subway line F;
- B15 bus connects at New Lots & Livonia Avenues for transfer to NYC subway lines 3 & 4.
AIRPORT-TO-AIRPORT CONNECTIONS: (For private limos & van service go to Ground Transportation Information Counter in the baggage claim area.)
To Newark Airport EWR - Taxis take between 75-90 mins. The ETS Air Shuttle (tel. 718-221-5341) takes 60-90 minutes.
The least expensive connection: take AirTrain JFK (877) 535-2478) to Howard Beach Station; transfer to the A Train to Manhattan, get off at 42d Street subway station, follow signs (inside) to 'Port Authority Bus Terminal', exit the terminal and you are on 8th Avenue; take a left & walk around the corner of 42nd Steet to the side entrance/exit where the NYC Airporter bus stops (it's a mid-size bus, front white, with blue advertisement) - estimated total transfer time to EWR: 2 -2.2 hrs. You can also take the NYC Airporter directly from JFK to Grand Central Station (right across from the Terminal and 42d Street, but you need to get off there and board another bus for the Bus terminal on 8th Avenue/42d Street.
To LaGuardia Airport LGA: For the 'LaGuardia Link' open www.web.mta.info/nyct/service/airport.htm.
The most economical way is to take the AirTrain to Jamaica Station, then board the E subway train to 'Jackson Heights/ Roosevelt Ave.' station, (look at overhead maps inside the trains), get off, walk down the stairs and board the bus Q47 or Q33 to LaGuardia.
Quicker options are to take either the ETS Air Shuttle 718-221-5341; All County Express 914-381-4223; or NYC Airporter 718-777-5111. Travel time 45-60 minutes. Metered taxis or private limos/vans (available a Welcome Center, Baggage Claim area) take 30 minutes.