- The new Concessionaire Fraport Greece, which is now managing 14 Greek Airports, is starting to make much-needed upgrades to each of those airports, including Corfu.
Kerkyra Airport is located 3 km south of the town of Corfu (Kerkyra), or 0.5 km north of Pontikonisi, at Kerkyra, in the central east coast of Corfu, and can be reached by the Ethniki Odos Lefkimmis road.
With 2.8 million passengers in 2016, Kerkyra Airport is served by domestic airline Aegean, and seasonally by international, regular and low-fare airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Numerous charters operate during the high tourist season between April and October and arrive mostly on Mondays & Fridays, so as to keep the sourrounding areas tranquil for the remainer of the week.
- In 2015, Corfu Island became the first Greek Island to have a 'Sea Airport' - served by seaplanes.
- For Customs information call +30 26610-38079
- The Police station can be contacted at +30 26610-38088
- The Airport Medical Center tel: +30 26610-89666
- Aegean Airlines: Phone no: +30 26610-27100, 27008, 27114, Fax: +30 26610-27070; e-mail: [email protected]; Lost and found(Goldair) | Phone no: +30 26610-33336
- For other air service you may call +30 26610-28703 /fax 26610-28705 which include Air Mediteranee, Axi, European Aviation, Hamburg Airlines, Hallo, Iberworld, Excel Airways France, Travel Service Check & Travel Service Hungary.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The new concessonaire Fraport Greece will expand the current terminal by 10,294 sq.meters and remodel it. The terminal will have an inline baggage screening system, 6 additional check-in stations, 3 more departure gates and 2 more security check lanes. It will also refurbish airside pavement and fire station and reorganize airport apron area.